Chapter 14

Cooper's POV

"Here is your room key, please enjoy your stay with us" the receptionist handed me a room key card.

"Are you sure we are booked for only one room?" I asked.

"Yes, sir. One room per pack, that is what the council said" he replied.

"Alright then, thank you" I went back to where Heather was sitting in the lobby.

"Turns out that they booked only one room per pack so we will have to be sharing the room" I said picking up my backpack.

"That is unacceptable" Heather stood up.

"The council doesn't know that our pack has two alphas and its policy has always been one room per pack since only the alpha and luna attend the conference."

"Fine! Let's get going already, I am super tired" Heather picked up her backpack.

We entered the lift and I pressed 4, soon we were in our room. I opened the door and let Heather go in before me. Our room was a suite, Heather jumped on the bed and sighed. I checked if all of our bags have arrived before setting my backpack down. I opened the balcony door and began rolling a joint. A 6 hour trip with Heather chewing my ear off talking about her and Drake was too much.

As soon as I lit the joint, I heard the balcony door slide open. Heather sat beside me with a bottle of wine and one glass. I offered her the joint which she gladly took. I got up to get myself a wine glass. Heather poured me some wine and we relaxed, we were watching the view from our room.

"The only good thing about these conferences is that its fully paid for by the council and they put us in great rooms" I said.

"True! Do you know what issues you want to talk about in the meeting? We can compare notes" I suggested.

"Sure!"

"First issue that I'd like to speak about is the maintenance charges we pay to the council, they don't really help us with anything and yet we pay them loads of money. For what? Nothing! We get nothing in return other than these conferences once a year or twice a year. The other issue from my side is removing the compulsory mate thing for becoming an alpha."

Heather laughed at that. "You only want that to be removed because of your father. How is it for the welfare of the entire werewolf community?" Heather asked.

"I have supporting evidence for that. I am not raising these issues on baselessness. About 35% of werewolves don't find their mates as soon as they turn 18. A lot of them find their mates well into their 30s too. About 15% of the alpha only lose their position because of this law and the pack has to settle for the next best thing. It is not doing the pack any good since this law was made to ensure sustenance of the pack, to make sure that the alphas are able to produce off springs and continue to increase the werewolf population and now that we have sufficient population, this law serves us no purpose henceforth it is to be declared void" I finished.

"Impressive, you have real skills for presentations. Have you ever thought of joining the council?" Heather asked.

"I don't see that as a perfect career opportunity for me but maybe I will consider it in my retirement days. Anyway what issues do you wanna talk about?" I asked her.

"The only problem I have is the rogue wolves and what the council is doing about them. They are still out there killing people and destroying packs. They are getting stronger, they are making wolves join them if they want to stay alive, their numbers are increasing and nobody is safe" she explained.

"Well, that was great. It is a real issue that needs to be presented. Good work, Heather" I complimented.

Heather blushed slightly but tried to hide it by bring up the wine glass. I puffed what was left of the joint. We sat there for a couple more minutes before Heather decided to go and nap until it was time to get ready. We are to attend a welcome gala this evening. After Heather went to sleep, I unpacked my bag and hung my suits and tuxedo. I tidied up the little mess we had made. I then went in to take a shower after which I switched on the television at a very low volume so as to not disturb Heather.