Chapter 15

Heather's POV

Cooper had been a real gentlewoman yesterday. She had opened all the doors for me, pulled out chairs for me, fetched me food and treated me like I was some princess. She respected me and never tried to behave inappropriately, even though she had her hand on my back almost the entire night she never once tried to grope my ass or feel my skin. She is really well behaved.

Even though, I was the one who rejected her and tried to force her to answer my questions, she remained calm and even apologized when she didn't even have to. I have never encountered somebody who was so considerate about my feelings that they didn't care about themselves. Cooper was selfless. If I hadn't been so in love with Drake then I would have never rejected Cooper.

Even today during the meetings where we had to put forth our points Cooper had my back. When one of the alphas tried to disrespect me Cooper said "You disagreeing with Ms. Bloomingdale is a different thing but right now you are insulting her and I won't take that lightly. One more word that is even slightly disrespectful, I assure you there will be hell to pay." Cooper literally threatened the alpha in front of the council and the entire werewolf community. The council backed her up too saying that the alpha was being disrespectful.

A lot of times during the meeting Cooper had to face some homophobic comments but she ignored them but when one of the alphas was even slightly disrespectful to me she was threatening them. The council even noted how the homophobic comments were passed and they warned the alphas.

The council did assure us that they would send us a detailed plan on what they are doing about the rogue wolves. They were very impressed with Cooper and I's views and suggestions. As for the charges we paid to the council, the council was to send a monthly report to all the packs on how the money was being used, they even agreed to let the packs pay 15% less. The only problem they had with our proposal was to write off the mate law for the alphas. They said it was ancient law and that they needed further discussion.

Cooper's grandparents were proving to be very hard to please during the conference. As they were on the council they didn't want anybody to think that they were being partial hence they posed a lot of questions and objections until Cooper convinced every single person that what she was demanding was actually legitimate. It was one stressful day.

"God, I am so fucking tired" I said as we were exiting the boardroom.

"Yeah, these things take a toll on you. They are somewhat boring" Cooper yawned. "You were fantastic out there, I am sure you managed to impress every single person in that room, especially me" Cooper praised.

I blushed and muttered a thank you. "You weren't so bad yourself. Heck, you threatened an alpha in front of the council" I laughed.

"Like I said in the meeting disagreeing and disrespecting are two different things. If we are giving them respect then they should be doing the same. I will not sit back and let anyone insult you."

"Thanks" I was genuinely thankful.

"Ms. Jones, Ms. Bloomingdale, wait up!" We heard a man's voice call us from behind.

We turned around to find a middle aged man waving at us. He was Alpha Gordon Kale from Sunrise pack, we weren't allies but hopefully that will change today.

"Alpha Kale, to what do we owe the honor of being in your gracious presence?" Cooper asked. She was really good at talking, she knew how to impress people with her words.

"Ms. Jones, I am here to invite you and Ms. Bloomingdale to join us for dinner tonight" Alpha Kale said.

"We are truly honored but may I ask who does 'we' consists of?" I asked respectfully.