Chapter 29

Heather's POV

For the past few days, my thoughts kept wandering to a set of grey eyes and their owner. I don't know why, maybe I do, it's the stupid mate bond. Even though we have been avoiding each other ever since, it was so fucking difficult to keep my mind off of her. Everyday at training she seems more and more focused. We train together to strengthen our magic and special skills but she doesn't even look my way. She is too focused on harnessing her energies. I agree, I was the one who started avoiding her but would it hurt her to acknowledge my presence?

Those were the thoughts that occupied my mind a few days ago until Cooper took the blame for the party. She also had a very good reason for doing so. At first, I thought that it was some plan of hers where she was trying to win me back or something but turns out she was just being a good alpha. I am ashamed of myself for not owning up to the mistake I made and for letting her take the fall.

I made pasta for Cooper as a thank you which she enjoyed thoroughly, I thought she would come and talk to me or start acknowledging me but she didn't do any of that. She came in with her best friend wrapped around her like a snake wrapped around a tree's branch, she saw me but didn't greet me or even make eye contact with me.

I stormed up the stairs and walked into my room. Soon enough loud moans echoed from her room. Didn't Stephanie have a boyfriend? She had a mate and she was fucking someone else. Poor Harry, he doesn't even know that his best friend and mate are fucking each other behind his back.

The noises and moans went down and then I could hear all three of them. All three voices, laughing and joking. Those sick girls, first they fuck and cheat and then they laugh with him. I wondered why my wolf wasn't getting angry. Usually my wolf is so fucking possessive that even if  she sees Cooper talking to another girl, she gets riled up with anger and jealously. Why is Ruby not angry that Cooper is fucking other people? Is the mate bond disappearing?

On Drake's birthday too she had slept with two other girls. She was seeing them off with happy smiles and the girls were happy as fuck, their wobbly legs and giddy smiles gave away how much they enjoyed. I admit, I was jealous of how happy they looked. They seemed like they were on cloud 9. I wanted to feel that way too. Drake is good but he is not the best when it comes to sex. He cums before me somwtimes, I have to wait for him to catch his breath before he gives me oral to get me off. I like to take charge because then I can control the movements, I can decide when he cums and I also get to cum.

I was deep in my thoughts when I heard a knock on my door. I just got back from dinner, who could it be? I got off of my bed and walked towards the door. Opening the door, I found Cooper with a huge smile on her face. She was wearing ripped jeans and a white t-shirt.

"Hey?" I said, more like questioned her presence at my door.

Her smile didn't fall, instead it brightened up upon seeing me. "Hi there, beautiful."

"Huh? Am I missing something?" I asked confused by her words, she never addressed me like that before.

"Yes, this" she said pulling out a red rose from behind her. She extended her hand forward giving the rose to me.

I looked at her and then the rose then back at her. I was still confused, I didn't know what was happening. Is today Valentine's day? Am I missing something? Did I not receive a memo?

I reluctantly took the rose from her and looked at her. She was still smiling like a dork, she looked adorable. I raised my eyebrow at her, questioning her silently.

"Can't I bring my mate a rose?" she asked innocently.

I scoffed "Mate? I remember rejecting you."

"Technically, yes. You did reject me but as per the rules, I should have either accepted or challenged your rejection which I didn't. I never told you that I accept, you just walked away and didn't give me a chance to accept or reject your rejection. Also, if I don't accept the rejection then you appeal to the wolf council and if they agree with the reasoning then they will allow you to reject me even if I do not approve. So, you are still my mate and I am here to win you back" she said smiling smugly.