Chapter 35

Cooper's POV

Harry came inside looking scared for his life. Stephanie had calmed me down, we were both sitting silently. Harry came towards the bed, he was shaking like a leaf.

"I think your mate just passed out" he mumbled. "I tried to calm her down but failed. She cried herself to unconsciousness."

"It's okay, can you carry her in here for me, please? Just lay her on the other bed, please" I requested.

Harry nodded his head and left. When he re-entered, he was carrying an unconscious Heather in his arms. He gently laid her on the other bed. He covered her with the sheets and moved back. He turned to face me, he walked closer to where Stephanie was sitting beside me on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Like I have been drained of all energy" I replied.

2 hours later

"Cooper, thank god you are okay" mom said as soon as she walked in.

She ran towards me, engulfed me in a hug, and kissed my cheek and forehead. After giving me numerous kisses, she backed up.

"Oh my God, why is Heather here? What's wrong?" she asked looking at an unconscious Heather.

"She just passed out, she has been doing most of the work since I was out" I replied.

"Cooper, I am highly disappointed in you. How could you transform? How could you shift in front of so many people? Everyone in the pack knows, everybody is talking. They think you are a monster. Why the fuck would you do something like that? Who would want a monster for an alpha?" Father deadpanned.

"Father, I had to. Fighting in human form was getting exhausting, it was slowing me down and to use my powers to their full potential, I had to transform. My human form was slowing me down so much and mom was in danger" I replied.

"Are you talking back, child?" Father sneered.

"No, father, I was merely giving you the reason. I don't think they will think of me as a monster once we explain everything to them" I said.

"You are out of your mind" he yelled and slapped his hand on the table hard. The sound startled and woke Heather up. She looked shocked, confused and a little scared. She was alert but also slightly scared.

"It's okay, it was just my father. He is really excited to see me up" I said to calm her down.

She blushed when she saw my parents with us, maybe also because she remembered that she had passed out. She tried to get out of her bed but I stopped her. "I think you should stay right there until Dr. Baker checks you and allows you to leave."

"Yes, honey, don't get out of bed. You both get some rest" Mom said. "Cooper, there is someone out there who is really excited to see you."

"Who?" I asked.

"See for yourself" mom said before she and father walked out yelling out for me to take care.

My parents left and a few seconds later an asian beauty entered. A face I could never forget, Lara Jenson. Lara walked inside with a mischievous smile on her face. She gave me a small wave before she took a chair and sat on it.

"Hey, didn't we meet when I arrived? What's wrong with you?" Lara asked Heather.

"Nothing is wrong with me, I was just here for something else" Heather replied.

"Lara? What are you doing here?" I asked, addressing the elephant in the room.

"You are a fucking selfish bitch" Lara sneered at me.