Chapter 5

Cooper's POV

After Heather left, I finished my chores quickly before heading up to take a shower. I mind linked the chef to prepare two breakfast boxes instead of one because I knew that Heather would be late.

I got dressed in my usual clothes, t-shirt, jeans and jacket, I put on a watch and some cologne. I grabbed my backpack before heading downstairs to the kitchen. Since all the pack members go to the same school, father arranged for buses so that we save fuel and none of the teens demand cars of their own for school.

I grabbed the two Tupperware boxes, put one in my bag and one in my hand to hand it over to Heather when she comes. I went out to stand on the porch and waited for Heather. I decided not to think much about the kiss since I am damn sure that she was not into me. She was so madly in love with that leech that her decisions were clouded. I just hoped that before the spring break ends she comes to her senses and accepts me as her mate but I am also prepared to be mated to Cheryl just in case, which reminds me, I need to talk to Cheryl and ask her about this deal that the Alpha and Beta have made regarding our situation.

Heather came outside a few minutes later. I handed her the Tupperware which she accepted happily before I got on the bus. I went and took my usual seat in the back and plugged in my earphones. Sometimes, I like to drive in my car to the school but that is only if I am late otherwise I have to take the bus.

We reached the school just in time. I got off the bus after everybody else. "Thank you" I said to the bus driver before leaving. I walked to my locker to get my books for the first half of the day. My first class was AP Physics followed by AP Algebra. I had all boring subjects early in the morning. Good thing about today is that I get to work in carpentry workshop today.

The warning bell rang indicating we had to get to the classes. I made my way to the class and sat down in the last row. Our teacher walked in a couple minutes before the bell went off again. He began the class by taking attendance and as usual I zoned out. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door, I didn't pay attention to the latecomer and continued looking out the window when an all too familiar scent hit me. My wolf went wild as soon as it got a whiff of our mate's scent.

I turned to the door and there she was, in all her glory, the fiery red head having a stare off with our professor. Heather seemed to be battling with her wolf as she looked a little distracted. My wolf told me that Heather's wolf was not happy with her decision of rejecting me as a mate.

The staring contest ended since the professor wanted to start the class soon. Heather grabbed a seat in the middle of the class and opened her book but not before turning around as if searching for someone, when her eyes landed on mine she turned towards the board once again.

The day progressed and now it was the last class for the day, P.E. I had never noticed that Heather and I pretty much had all the same classes. We even had gym together and I never noticed. After gym, I have Basketball practice. I am on the basketball and track team.

The coach blew his whistle and everybody assembled on the ground. We were all asked to run 8 laps. Gym and basketball training were quite easy when compared to our pack's training sessions. Sometimes, gym was way too easy because of the human kids, they are not as fast as us, werewolves.

After the laps, coach informed us that we will be playing dodgeball today. Dodgeball is one of my favorite games and I am good at it. We were asked to divide ourselves into two teams. I noticed that Heather was part of the opposition. The play began, the first one to go out was one of my team members and Heather was the one who sent him out.

I observed her movements, she was quick and she predicted the other player's move. She used less strength and more strategy. She was a skilled player and I bet if she played a sport like volleyball, she'd excel at it. A few more minutes passed by and the last people standing were Heather and I.