Chapter 2

Cooper's POV

The day went by really slow. The pain in my chest never dulled for a moment. I was still as heartbroken as I was this morning but I had to get myself together. I had to get my shit together. The last bell had rung a few minutes ago but I wasn't ready to go home yet. I texted my dad that the coach needed my help with something. I lied to him and I just hope he doesn't find out otherwise it's gonna look real bad for me.

I changed into my track uniform and began running. It must have been 25 minutes since I started running at my full speed, I was getting tired but the heartache was more intense than my aching body. I pushed my legs forward not wanting to stop when suddenly pain erupted in my entire body. The pain was so intense that it pulled my to the ground. I clutched my chest, the body part which hurt the most at the moment. I tried to take deep breaths and focus my attention to something else but it didn't help

I laid on the ground in this enormous amount of pain for god knows how long. The pain was gone all of a sudden just the way it came. Having no more energy left in me, I slowly got off the ground and walked to the showers. I showered real quick and got into my car.

I drove fast to the pack house in order to avoid getting scolded by my father for being late. I made it just in time. I changed into a button down shirt with dress pants. I tucked the shirt and also styled my hair business style. I put on some light cologne and wore my watch.

I made my way downstairs where everybody was preparing for the new arrivals. Our pack house was very big and had more than enough space for our packs but I am worried if it will still be enough after the new pack joins us.

The girls and the ladies were busy preparing food for the grand dinner and some snacks for everyone. The men were busy making arrangements for the accommodation and preparing the parking space. The boys were helping out by moving some furniture.

I made my way over to the boys to help them out. We had successfully moved furniture in spare rooms and were ready for the new arrivals. I refreshed myself to look fresh when the pack arrives.

Heather's POV

"Heather, wake up!" I heard someone yell over and over. I opened my eyes slowly and found my mother glaring at me. I looked around the room to find Drake putting on his clothes looking guilty and embarrassed.

"Heather, honey, you have been very irresponsible. I was waiting all day long to see if you had found your mate and as soon as you get back from school you get down to dirty business with that boy. I am so sick of it! What happens when either of you find your mates?" Mom started ranting.

I sighed, mate, what will I do? Oh yes, I remember, I rejected my mate as Drake and I made a deal to reject our mates and spend the rest of our lives together.

"I found my mate" I admitted to my mom.

My confession stopped her ranting immediately. She looked at me surprised and excited whereas Drake was shocked. I tried to forget those grey eyes and took a deep breath.

"Drake is my mate. Did you wonder why I couldn't keep my hands off of him and had to rush to my room?" I questioned my dumbfounded mother.

"You aren't lying, are you? I mean, don't mess with me. Tell me how you knew it was him?"

"I was hit by this intoxicating scent and I followed it which led me to him and as soon as I saw him, my wolf started jumping in joy and crying "mate" over and over. So I figured he was my mate" I said. What I said wasn't entirely false. They only lie was that I used Drake's name instead of Cooper's.

"Oh wow, that is wonderful news. I am so happy for you" mom squealed and jumped to hug me. I laughed at her antics. Drake slipped out of the room seeing us have a moment.