Chapter 30

Cooper's POV

For the past few days, I have been bringing roses for Heather and I had also started asking her out on a date. A few nights ago she finally agreed to go out on a date with me. Three nights ago, to be precise. I have been feeling better since yesterday but I was very busy today since I missed a lot of school work and pack work. I was all caught up with my work now. I was still thinking about where to take Heather for our date.

Stephanie and Harry have been spending more time with me since they found out about the rejection. They were extremely happy when I gave them the news about Heather saying yes to going out on a date. They were being very supportive and also providing ideas but nothing seemed  perfect.

This is going to be my first date with Heather but it could very well be the last one too. I am not sure if she will leave Drake for me only because of a date but I can hope. I just wanted this date to be perfect, something she can never forget. This date will be the best date of her life, nobody should ever be able to top it off.

I looked at the notebook in front of me that had different words scribbled on it, my date ideas. I read them once again to see if I had discarded a good idea. Dinner, dancing, beach, drinks, carnival, shopping, dirt biking, picnic etc.

The list went on, it was all boring. It was just regular stuff. I need to do something big, something grand. Those ideas weren't even moderately good. I heard a knock on my door and absent mindedly I said "Come in".

The door opened but I didn't look up until the familiar scent of Vanilla and Strawberries invaded my nostrils. A smile formed on my face immediately and I looked up. Heather was in her spongebob pajamas, I couldn't help but let out a chuckle at her outfit. She fake glared at me before walking towards me and sitting on the desk. She grabbed the notebook and began reading.

"Why are you writing down this stuff? Are you making a list of things we should do on our date? Are you that excited?" Heather asked with her eyebrow quirked up.

"I would be lying if I said that I wasn't that excited and I should be excited considering I asked you out everyday and you said no every single day until three days ago" I smirked. "And no, we can't possibly do so many thing on just one date but if you want to do these things maybe you should consider going out on multiple dates with me" I winked.

"In your dreams!" Heather said. "What is it then? She asked cocking her head towards the book.

"These are my date ideas, I want to make this date memorable for us. I mean this could be my only chance to woo you and steal you from Drake" I chuckled before continuing "and this could very well be the first and last date we go on, as mates."

"True! Looking at these ideas, I am not sure how good the date will be because these aren't really all that romantic" Heather commented.

"I know, that is why I am still thinking about what to do" I pouted and Heather giggled.

"I do have some questions for you which can help me decide on the date. Are you comfortable answering some questions?" I asked her.

"Of course" Heather said as she settled herself on the bed now, saying she wanted to be comfortable if she was to be interrogated.

"Okay, first question, what are your phobias?" I asked.

Heather gave me weird look. "Aren't you supposed to be asking me about the things that I like?"

"Just answer" I urged.

"I have a fear of spiders, clowns and racing cars" Heather stated.

"Racing cars, really?" I laughed.