Chapter 16

Cooper's POV

I knocked on the door but no answer. I tried once again but still no answer. I decided to call her instead, a few rings later she answered the phone.

"Hello" she said groggy.

"Hey, it's me, Cooper. Can you please open the door?" I asked.

"Hmm" she disconnected the call.

I heard some shuffling on the other side and then some cursing before she opened the door. She looked like a mess, her hair was so messy, there was still some drool on her chin, she looked very sleepy and a little hungover. I couldn't stop myself from laughing at her.

"Shut up, Cooper! This is all on you" Heather groaned holding her head.

"And what did I do?" I asked.

"Stupid, fucking mate bond" Heather grumbled.

I laughed again and in response she threw a pillow at me before lying down on the couch."Why do you stink?"

"I slept in a barn, I figured that you could still follow my scent so I went to sleep in the barn so that it throws you off in case you get super, duper horny" I said, sitting by her legs.

I looked around the room to find the sparkling wine bottle open. I picked up the bottle and checked if it was empty, it wasn't so I drank whatever was left.

"We have to pack our stuff and check out soon. Let's go eat breakfast now" I said, pulling her up.

"My head hurts" she whined.

"I know, we will get you some food, electrolytes and vitamins then you should be good. Wash up while I search for some aspirin" I urged her to go into the bathroom.

I opened my backpack to look for the aspirin. A few seconds of rummaging later, I found the medicine. I set it beside the water bottle before going to the bathroom to brush. I came out of the bathroom after finishing up my chores. Heather had come out and was sitting on the bed massaging her head. I took the bottle and the medicine to the room. I sat beside her and handed her the elixir she needed. I laid her head on my lap gently and started to massage her forehead. She closed her eyes and sighed.

"Is it too bad?" I asked with concern.

"Kinda" she replied.

"Did you puke?" I questioned, she shook her head.

I massaged her head for a few more minutes and she fell asleep. I decided to not wake her up again. I put a pillow under her head and pulled up the duvet. I decided to go downstairs before breakfast is over. I requested the staff to pack our breakfast in the takeaway boxes and they agreed without making a fuss. I took the boxes up to the room.

I started to pack my suitcase, I left a pair of clothes for today and packed the rest of my stuff. I packed Heather's clothes too but I made sure to leave a pair of comfortable clothes outside so that she can change. I then went to take a shower. After a much needed shower, I put on my clothes and packed the ones from last night. I made sure to check all the cupboards and drawers for any personal belongings. I rolled a blunt and hid the rest of the stash. We had another 30 minutes before checkout.

"Heather, wake up" I said but she didn't even budge. I tried again and shook her this time.

She groaned and turned grumbling. I called her name again and she opened her eyes.

"Hey, its time to wake up" I told her.

She sat up and checked the time on her phone. "Omg! We are late. Why didn't you wake me up earlier? I have to pack my bags before leaving. Fuck!" Heather rushed and got off the bed.