Chapter 39

A/N : Please read the Author's note at the end of this chapter. Thank you, enjoy the story.

8 Days Later

Cooper's POV

"Cooper have you packed your medicines?" mom asked me for the fifth time since last evening, it wasn't even 6:30 in the morning and mom was already up, re-checking the list of items that we packed. Mom was very paranoid about forgetting to pack essentials when we go somewhere, she has nightmares about them. Every time, anyone from the three of us goes out for a vacation or work or for camp or even a sleepover, my mom used to make us check everything twice and she, herself would check and re-check everything at least thrice.

"Yes, mom, I have packed everything and I have checked it all thrice and you have also checked everything thrice, all those checklists have are tick marks on them" I said pointing towards a bunch of papers that were lying on the table.

"Okay" mom sighed. She turned to me, her hands cupped my cheeks, I gave her a smile. "You get ready while I go downstairs to whip up some breakfast for you."

"Mom, you don't have to" I replied.

"Shh.... don't leave the house on an empty stomach." mom shushed me as she walked out of my room. I grabbed my towel and walked into the bathroom.

I turned on the water as I brushed my teeth, after rinsing my mouth and flossing my teeth I hopped into the shower. After my shower, I got dressed. I was nervous, I didn't know if Heather would show up. I just hope she does, I need an answer. I hope she wants to be with me. I don't see any reason that she can use to not be with me now. Drake is no longer in a relationship with her, she knows that she has lost him forever so I am kind of positive that I will get a positive response from her.

After getting ready, I picked up my luggage and went downstairs. Mom was already setting up the table, she made some eggs and pancakes for me. I tip toed until I was just behind her before I lifted her in my arms and twirled us around. Mom let out screams, she held onto me tightly as she commanded me to put her down. I spun us around a couple of times before finally setting her on her feet. I held mom for a few seconds because she got dizzy from all the spinning. I pulled mom in for a hug, she hugged back tightly.

"I am gonna miss you so much, mom" I whispered.

Mom patted my back, "I know, honey. I will miss you too, I will miss you so much. This house will become empty after you go, it feels like all the joy in my life is leaving with you. I will miss you so much, Coop."

We hugged for another minute or so, we both didn't want to let go. I know she was crying and I had tears running down my face too, we broke the hug, I quickly wiped my tears before she could see and then proceeded to wipe hers.

"I am happy, at least now you will stop yelling at me and scolding me" I tried to joke.

"Eat up before I decide to take away your breakfast" mom said with a smile, she was joking.

We both ate together until Father came down, he joined us for breakfast. It was almost time to leave now. Harry and Stephanie were here too, they were putting my bags in the car.

I looked at the stairs, I had been sneaking glances at the staircase for a while now. Heather still hasn't shown up, she isn't here. She is not coming to say goodbye. I was afraid that her rejection would hurt me again but the thought of her not showing up at all, not giving me an answer was just terrifying, it hurts me more. Her not bidding me goodbye would probably hurt me more than her rejection.

I still had a couple more minutes before we had to leave. My bags were already loaded and my friends were waiting in the car for me. Mom hugged me again, told me that she will miss me. I stood awkwardly when it came to saying goodbye to my father.

"Cooper, I know that I never say this and you think that I don't like you. To some extent, you are right, I blamed you for the things that weren't your fault and I directed my anger towards you. I was wrong, Cooper. I had made a lot of mistake with you and I want to apologize for everything. I am really thankful that your friend Heather made me realize my mistake, her one comment was so powerful that it made me think about the way that I have been treating you."

"I am so sorry, Cooper. I really am very sorry. I wasn't a good father to you and you deserved better. From now on, I will try to be the father that you deserve. I also want to take this opportunity to tell you that you make me proud, you have always made me proud. I am proud of how good you have turned out, you are a good person and I am sure you will be an even better alpha. Take care, we will miss you."

I was shocked, surprised, happy and speechless. I was feeling too many emotions at the same time, the emotion that stood out the most was happiness. I was so fucking happy to hear those words from my father, I had been waiting all my life to hear him say that.

"I have been dying to hear you say that" I whispered.

All of a sudden I was embraced by him, my dad was hugging me. My heart was swelling with joy. When he let go of the hug, I just held onto him tighter. We hugged until I was ready to let go.

"Hearing you say that makes me very happy, father, I will try to always make you proud" I said.

"You already do and I will always be proud of you. Also, call me dad" father said.

"D-D- Dad, sorry, I am sort of habituated" I said and he nodded. I nodded back.

"I love you both, mom and dad. Take care of yourselves, I will call you when I reach."

I looked one last time at the staircase to see if she was there but she wasn't. I turned around, got off of the porch and got inside the car. She still doesn't want me, am I that unlovable? Maybe it never was about Drake, she probably just doesn't like me. Maybe I am not what she had dreamed of, maybe I wasn't her ideal mate. I must have disappointed her, she must have had a lot of expectations from her mate and I wasn't what she expected. I suppose, I let her down in some way. I tried to win her, I tried my best but maybe it just wasn't enough.

I will never pursue her again, she has rejected me time and time again. I can't force someone to like me, we can't make people fall in love. I swear I will not pursue her ever again.

‐--------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Hey guys, so this is the end of the story. This was the last chapter, I know you were all hoping for a happy ending but this is how it ends. The reason for giving this sort of an ending is because I was thinking of writing a sequel which would mostly be in Heather's POV. The reason Heather's character was made to look mean was so that if I write a sequel then it would explain why she did the things that she did. I would like to hear your thoughts about the sequel.

Do you guys want a sequel to this book? Please give your answers in the comments section.

I am also planning to write an alternate ending to this chapter for everyone who has been shipping Heather and Cooper since the beginning. Let me know if you guys want a sequel.

I want to thank you all for reading this book, for supporting me and Cooper in this journey. I really hope you guys enjoyed this story. Thank you so much for reading and for all the love and support. If you liked this story, don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share this story. Once again, a big thank you to everyone for reading.

I want to submit this book for Wattys 2022 and I want you all to give me your support. Please, vote for the chapters that you liked, share this story with more people. Thanks again guys, you have been a wonderful audience.