Chapter 33

Heather's POV

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, I looked dull. Ruby is disheartened since last night, I have never seen Ruby so sad, not even when I rejected Cooper. Ruby and I felt the same connection last night, we were both hurt from the rejection. But, Cooper was right, I would have regretted it.

"I want to make love to you, I don't want it to be just sex. I want to have sex with you out of love and passion, I don't want to reduce it to just fucking." Cooper's words kept repeating in my head, I just can't get those words out of my mind.

She had multiple occasions where she could have claimed me, when she could have marked me or had sex with me. She has more self restraint than me. She wants to be with me yet she doesn't cross her limits even when the opportunity presents itself.

I sighed and got out of the bathroom, I put on my clothes and got ready. We had to check out soon. Cooper sent me a message this morning saying we had complimentary breakfast in our package so I could eat at the buffet or get room service before our checkout at 10. Somehow Cooper has managed to get a pair of casuals for me, there was a pair of slim fit jeans and a blouse. There was also a cardigan if the day turned out to be cold.

I dressed, packed all of my stuff, even the dress from yesterday. Andy said that the dress was a gift from Cooper. I went down to the restaurant after calling the reception to send someone up to get my luggage from outside the door.

Breakfast went okay, I wasn't very hungry but I still ate some boiled eggs. When I walked out of the restaurant, Cooper was sitting in the lobby, she seemed to be in a deep thought. I walked to where she was, when she saw me she quickly got up.

"Good morning, I have picked your luggage. Are you ready to go home?" she asked. She was looking at me but she wasn't meeting my eyes.

I nodded yes and walked away. Cooper's car was already at the gate, Cooper got the door for me before she got into the car herself. She started the engine and began driving. We drove in silence, we didn't even put on music. Deafening silence filled the car until Cooper decided to speak.

"I am so sorry about last night, Heather. I truly am but please try to understand me."

I groaned in annoyance. I didn't want to speak about last night and I don't want her to apologize because she didn't do anything wrong.

"Will you please stop?" I huffed in annoyance.

"Heather, I know what I did must have hurt you a lot but it wasn't my intention. I am so sorry for being inconsiderate about your feelings. I am sorry to have made you feel unwanted but I also don't want to be a mistake you made in the heat of the moment" Cooper said. She sounded so vulnerable.

I looked at her, she was looking at the road. When she turned to look at me, I turned away and pretended to look out of the window. She sighed and looked at the road again when I didn't reply. I watched her again, she had bags under her eyes, she probably didn't get much sleep last night.

"You don't have to apologize. I have no right to get angry at you and you were right, I am with Drake and it would have been cheating. You are not wrong in doing something that you feel is the right thing for you" I said.

Cooper turned to looks at me, she was surprised. She didn't say anything, she turned back to the road but I knew that something was still bothering her.

"I am sorry for ruining the date, you were right when you said that no date is perfect" Cooper said after some time.

"Who said you ruined it? It was a perfect date, it was fabulous. It didn't end last night, it ends this morning, we can still make it perfect" I said, trying to cheer her up and lighten the tension between us.