81• Before the Assemble

"How long has it been?" Mia asked, shielding her face from the sun, as she stared at Hange in the distance.

"A month." Levi grimly answered.

A soft smile spread across her lips. Relief. And she had never enjoyed such a feeling before.

After washing up on a bank, Mia and Hange spent days treating Levi's wounds. Even with a loss of a leg, an eye and some fingers, not only had Mia and Hange made it but Levi did too.

"How the hell can Hange look so happy. She's waving at someone we would've attacked just a couple months prior." Levi said, tilting his head back against the cart that he was sealed against with bandages.

She raised an eyebrow, "Out of all the things you could've lost, you had to keep the attitude."

They looked at each other, as Levi rolled his eye. "Yeah, didn't even manage to lose your annoying ass either."

"Oh, so, now you want to?"

Her grin deepened into her cheeks, as she ran her fingers into Levi's hair and messed it up. Levi pulled his head back, scowling under the bandages.

"...no." He muttered.

She knelt down, getting in close, "Hmm? What was that, I didn't hear you."

He groaned, "I said-" Levi caught her eye, and his gaze fell down to her lips, his cheeks becoming grazed with red, "...no."

Mia gave a breathy laugh, and curled his hair between her fingers, "I'd kiss you but I don't think there's many places I can." She said, referencing his bandaged body.

And the frown that fell over Levi's lips could nearly even be seen by Mia. Even despite the bandages.

She smiled again, and leaned in. Though there was a barricade between them, Levi still felt the warmth of her lips on his. And he savored every second of it, and as did she.

"I missed this." Mia whispered, thankful they had reconciled.

Levi's eyes softened, "I missed you."

Farther down the field, Hange turned to Mia and Levi. She scowled, and shook her head.

"Hello? Can you two hurry up already! We're trying to save the world, you know!" She yelled, pointing to Pieck behind her.

Levi and Mia shared a groan, as Mia walked up to Hange and Pieck. The dark haired man had no choice other than to stay behind and wait.

"Hi Hanna-" Pieck said, remembering Mia's days in Marley. But she merely raised a finger, effectively shushing her.

"What is it, Hange?"

Hange glanced between the two, and cleared her throat, "Now that we've got us together...it's time for everyone else."

The two girls raised an eyebrow, unsure of what she meant. Mia went to ask but Hange beat her to it.

"We can't beat Eren alone. So, we're going to need some reinforcements - many reinforcements. Pieck, I need you to coop up everyone you can. Mia, the same goes for you."

"Everyone?" Pieck asked, disbelieving that they'd not allow that, but want that.

"I mean everyone, Pieck. That means Reiner, Falco-" She inhaled, releasing her clenched fists- "Get everyone."

Mia groaned. Her head tilted back as she began to dread the idea of having everyone working with her - and she thought her squad of eight was worse enough.

"Mia, I am giving you a special task, though."

The words Hange spoke chilled the tips of Mia's ears, and caught her attention. "What?"