30• Regrets

- Erens POV-

" Come on! We need to run faster ! " I yell, with Mia's hand still tangled in mine ,we both sprint down the hall like our lives depended on it.

-/-/~ flashback ~/-/-

" Come on Eri! " Amelia calls to me, grabbing my wrist.

" Where we going? " I ask her, with her hand still attached to my wrist she lets out a contagious laugh - giggling like a freak.

" To the wall ~ " she sings, using her spare hand to move her long hair out of her face.

" No, not again " I moan, Amelia pouts as she furrows her brows at me looking annoyed with my complaining.

" Yes, again! I need to show you something ! " she smiles dropping her pout. I roll my eyes at her but comply, she pulls me with her and we both sprint down the road.

Her hair flies with her, blonde strands falling everywhere. She looks back at me flashing her signature smile - the smile that captivated the hearts of even the coldest souls, her blue eyes lit up her face like a sun on a rainy day and though my feet try to keep up with her, all time feels still as I study her.

" why are you staring at me Eri? " she asks while running though a market.

" Uh-i-I'm not " I stutter. She raises an eyebrow at me but an even larger grin covers her face.

" Hey stop smiling so much! You look like a titan.. " I mock her, thinking back to when one of the members of the garrison showed a drawing of a titan to Amelia and I.

" Aww thanjs eri! " I forget how she thinks titans are ' cute' and just need hugs so I roll my eyes, she suddenly stops in her tracks and plants a kiss on my cheek. My face flushes red and I push her away.

-/-/~ end of flashback ~/-/-

Remembering the day Mia kissed me made my cheeks flush madly, I turn my head to her and see the exact same girl I knew from all the years ago. Like the last time, her hair covered her face as it blew behind her like a golden storm as I drifted my gaze staring directly into her eyes I noticed the sky like blue and how it danced with silver specs but her eyes lack the innocence they once had, and now right behind the vast storm that is her eyes stands a burning blaze - a fury that only she has. I continue studying her face and notice the harsh frown she carries much unlike the smiles she once always wore but still,

She looks so happy

After all this I never would of thought I'd be able to see Mia smile again but now she smiles nearly as often as I get into fights with Jean.

" Watch where you're going Jaeger ! " she yells, I nod  and turn back still keeping the image of her buried in my mind. " CADET! " Erwin yells, and I grimace at the sheer wrath in his voice.

" I'm so fucked " Mia whispers " No you're not! In here ! " I pull her inside a room, locking the door.

The room is cramped and dark and I can barley see Mia but from the warm I feel on my wrist from where her hand lays, I know she's here.

" They're gonna find us " she whispers , her voice filled with fear.

I release her grip from my wrist, and use my now free hands to find hers. At first her hand flinches but gives in and as our hands become one, i smile at the warmth that only her hand could give.

" No, they won't. " I assure her, rubbing small circles on her palm." What did you do anyway?" I ask.

" I used my scream thing and blasted Geography and Erwin into a wall..." she's says, I stifle a laugh of how she always calls Historia the wrong name.