18• Blinded Pasts

" wha- what do you mean Rod?! " frustration fills my voice and I start fighting the chains desperately trying to pull myself free.

" why are you afraid ?! Why are they afraid?! "

" Amelia, please relax. " Rod commands, I let out an exaggerated sigh still trying to break loose.

" Your family is not of noble blood and yet you still hold abilities. Not even a scar from a injection either.. " he ponders

" Amelia it seems as though you were born with these abilities " my heart starts to beat faster, I don't like this not one bit. I like being normal- I like being human.

" no, YOURE LYING " I yell out

" Amelia rose, please relax my suspicions are that when you're in an emotional state your powers are awakened which explains why you have never used them since you're always so nonchalant " my mouth gapes open, no this can't be true! The breeze rushes through and I shudder not only from the cool wind but now from the fear I felt creeping up on me too.

" Amelia, you have the same ability that my family posses but much more advanced. You see, you have the ability to wipe memories of people not even just people but countries worth of 'em " I can't believe what I'm hearing, this is some stupid dream right?

Levi please- if you're there please... please wake me up.

" Considering how withdrawn you are there is even the possibility of more powers but alas only time will tell. " no. Someone get me out of here please

" Historia If you will " They both raise their hands to me as they did with Eren.

" Maybe this will help you jog your memory. Perhaps this is why you hate your real name so much - "

I feel a sense of power rush through me as Historia and Rod focus on me, and my ocean eyes start turning into seas and than into lakes getting smaller and smaller.

-/-/~ le flashback ~/-/-

" Amelia do you wanna sleepover? " eren asks me eager holding onto my arms and jumping up down, his excitement makes me laugh and a smile spreads across my face

" I want too! But my mommy and daddy said that are gonna look at my drawings today! " I smile hugging Eren, his face turns into frown

" You and your stupid drawings " he scoffs, I can't help but giggle about how hurt he is

" don't be mad silly, no one ever wants to look at my drawings - not even you, and now they finally want too! " I start to run away from him waving him a goodbye still smiling

He at first kicks a stone before covering up and waving back at me smiling too.

——
I walk inside my home quietly into the kitchen

" Why do we have to do this to her Hans? " I hear my mommy ask daddy

" It's for her safety, you know that Eva. " he says squeezing her shoulder

" then why the hell did we bother having a daughter if I'm not even allowed to love her! " mommy yells making me jump, my heart breaks at her words - why does it seem everytime my parents speak about me my heart breaks a little more.

" I never knew she would have abilities like us, you know that -you remember dont you? When she wiped that poor old mans mind, and if someone was to find out... look it's dangerous for us to get close to her because if the nobles find out where we are they'll have us killed. " what's daddy talking about? Mommy sighs tears escaping her weak face. What old man are they talking about ?

" if she doesn't have any relationship with us it'll be easier on her if something was to happen to us Eva. "

I walk a little closer and the wood floor creaks my parents look back at me, their faces blank.
But my eyes were wide with shock and fear - whose going to hurt my mommy and daddy?

" m-mommy? " I say tears escaping my eyes

" I... I'm scared " mommy rushes over to me crouching down so she's on my level.

" Eva. " daddy calls out in a mere whisper.

" I know, I know. " she says sucking up her tears.

" Mia darling.. " she lifts my chin wiping away my tears. she's never called me Mia. It sounds better than Amelia

" I- I love you okay? Mommy and Daddy we will always love you " she says tears start pouring down her eyes like flowing rivers.

" I know it may not seem like it all the time but I love you Mia Solera okay? You'll always be my little blonde angel. " she pulls me hugging me.

It's the first time I've ever been hugged first from my mom, forget looking at my drawings this is better.

" Never stop drawing the sunsets okay? They're beautiful even without color - I'm sorry Mia, I'm so sorry I can't be here to hug you more. " she chokes back tears

" Mommy.. please don't cry " I smile at her

" Mia? " mommy asks i look up at her though she was at the same level as me.

" promise me, that even if I'm not there you'll never ever stop loving okay?, promise that you'll never stop smiling. " she pleads

" of course mommy! I love smiling ! " I smile widely showing off my perfect teeth.

She smiles at me savoring this moment but daddy comes and squeezes her shoulder

" I love you Mia " Daddy says, I've never heard him say that before! This day just keeps getting better! I grin

My mother reaches her hand to my forehead and shut hers eyes and then everything goes dark

" I'm sorry Mia... "

-/-/~ end of flashback ~/-/-

My eyes flash open and my heart stops as does time.

Tears start falling down my face but I remain quiet fighting off the sobs that want to escape my mouth

I take deep quick breaths - my lungs feel as though they're about to collapse.

They did care..

Eren looks at me worried but i cant focus on anything but the distant voice of my father telling me he loves me.

Rod and Historia drop their hands and my eyes go wide and my breathing steadies as Something starts to fall into my mind

' bye eren! '

' Bye Amelia! '

' no eri! It's Mia now 'member ''

What is this ?

' yeah, yeah whatever see ya aMeLiA ' he laughs

Suddenly my eyes shut and the room feels blank and the distant breathing I felt of Rod, Historia and Eren is now gone.

The scene that I saw of Eren and I as kid was now gone and I see little me running up to my old home.

I must of triggered my ability, but then what did I make myself forget?

The scene slowly gets darker as I see little me run up to my old house a smile wider than ever - then it hit me.

I'm making myself remember the worst day of my life.

The first time I used my powers.