25• Calm before the storm

" So today's the day, huh ? " Eren says, standing next to me I can practically touch the anxiety in his voice. Too be fair, I'm just as anxious as he is. I mean - the whole plan is resting upon Eren and I's back.

" Yep. You ready ? " i ask, we both face forward towards some of the boxes that we were supposed to be moving.

" Uh, yeah I guess and you ? " he turns his face to me, putting his hand on my arm rather awkwardly, I dismiss it trying not to focus on his sudden touch.

" Duh, who do you think I am? You? " I tease, a smile delicately growing on his face.

- Erens POV -

She's beautiful, every word that falls from her mouth is like a perfectly written book - well I think, I haven't really read much books but from what I've heard from her- I'd reread each lines she's ever spoken over and over again.

I laugh at her little attempt to lighten the mood, considering what's about to happen.

But still, I'm scared. I would of never thought I'd be in this position ever, and now here I am standing with the girl I love about to risk our lives for humanity.

Mia looks so nonchalant about it, as if this was norm to her. She stands right next to me facing forward, though she's much shorter than me she's standing taller than ever - her perfect blonde hair falls behind her and her shirt once again to everyone's pleasure is tied up, I've never been more envious of someone's confidence before, the world is on our shoulders literally and she acts as though it's a pebble.

" Jaeger ? " she calls to me, her blissful eyes gazing into mine.

"Y-yeah? " I stutter unable to focus on anything else but her and her eyes.

" nothin, you just keep staring at me " she laughs, her beautiful smile.

I promise, after this I'm confessing to you Amelia- I promise.

" oh- oh yea sorry. " I say sluggishly, dropping my hand.

She smiles at me, walking off.

Fuck, why do I always make things weird

- Mia's POV -

I wonder why Eren always does that, but anyway I have other things to do. I walk up to Mikasa whose loading some barrels of some sort.

"What are you doing ? "

" What you should be doing. " Mikasa says to me rather mockingly.

" I don't really care. " I fold my arms.

" yeah i know, that's why I'm doing it Rosie ~ " she slurs, slinging a barrel over her shoulder.

That scarfed headed bitch

" Mikasa Ackerman. I said I'll burn that ratchet scarf of yours remember? " I scowl edging closer to her.

" I'll tell everyone about the time you kissed Jean! " she yells at me, a smile protruding on her face

She said she wouldn't tell!

My face boils red not only from the anger, and I pounce at her but she runs off laughing like a maniac.

" I'll catch you!! " I call out to her, but just like every freaking Ackerman she's way to fast.

" Cadet, what are you doing ? "

Uh oh

" It doesn't matter. " I say, not looking at the probable angry commander behind me.

" What should you be doing ? " he questions.

" Catching that raven haired bitch.. " I mutter

" Excuse me ? " his voice resonates through me causing my hands to jitter at the sheer volume of his voice.