13• Leave

- Eren POV -

" B-but we- we just cleaned, sir ! " Jean whimpers, still appearing gloomy from the story of Mia's past.

Levi walks over to a window sill, gently swiping a finger across it but when he goes to inspect it and notices the murky dust covering his thumb, his face contorts in disgust. " Well, you all did a terrible job - this place is filthy "

He quickly ties his handkerchief around his face, grabbing the duster as he starts dusting the very same window sill - I did that twice !

I glance at Mikasa, and remember back to when she got injured and how she had managed to get her ribs crushed. She should be resting like Mia, but then again - I guess she is just that strong.

Everyone, including the others who had been crying previously, sit up and begin to clean. Well, all but one. There, sitting in the corner of the room, huddled up just clutching a small loaf of bread is Sasha - tears falling from her eyes. She was crying when I first told them what happened, I guess she still is ?

" Hey Sash, it's okay.. " Connie walks over, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

" Y-yeah, b-but, but she's not ! " she says, full sobs escaping her.

" Braus, stop crying. You'll only wake her up. " The Corporal commands, as he stops cleaning.

" B-but M-Mia.. she alway - always said she doesn't care but it's cause the people who were supposed to care for her - t-they didn't ! A-and now she doesn't think she could care for anyone! It's not fair.. " She wails into Connie's arm, which now rests around her. All of us just stare at her in disbelief, i can't believe she's taking it this this hard. I didn't even cry like that when Mia told me..

" Excuse me ? "

Oh my god

I turn to the voice, and see a face I haven't seen in years. There was nothing on her face, not sadness nor anger just.. nothing. The look was entirely unreadable, she was dead silent and the usual thunderstorms that filled her eyes were now still.

The rest of the room turned to her, and though silence filled it - none compared to the soundlessness that filled her. Our eyes were all glued to her.

All staring at the empty Mia.

She gives the same look, she carried the day her parents died - and while I may not remember it much, I do know that I never wanted to see it again, and this time it was all because of me.

" You told ? " Her voice comes out as a mere whisper, sending chills down my spine. There's something so soft yet so cold about it, and her eyes matching her tone just stare forward at no one and nothing.

" Mia, i - "

" You promise you wouldn't.. "

—- Flashback -—

- Mia's POV -

My heart feels empty, as though it has been drained of all life. Each breath I take feels like bricks on my chest and yet I feel so light. Pain starts to rush through every bone in my body till I feel completely numb- I don't wanna breathe... I don't want to feel the pain my own oxygen brings me. I don't want to feel anything. I need to be strong- for titan sake I am strong r- right? I sigh.

It feels as though I'm not in my own body just spectating from a far because though I do everything in my power to tell my self to stop - I do everything in my power to tell my self to breath despite the pain - to not be weak. My body doesn't listen and streams of water start to leak from my closed shuddering eyes.