24• Living Dreams

- Mia's POV -

The entirety of the special operations squad filled a room, alongside Commander Erwin and Hange.

They've been talking about the plan of action to defeat Rod for a while now, but honestly I'm to tired to even listen to a word they're saying.

I've been awake now for nearly two days and though physically my body fails to show it, my head feels numb from the drowsiness.

I manage to keep my eyes open for long enough to take a scope of my surroundings - Jean to the left of me, even he seemed barely awake. I nudge him lightly giving him a quick smirk as he looks down at me matching my smile.

" this is so boring " he whispers crouching down to my level, his breath tickling my ear. I move my eyes forward to see a frowning Levi and Eren both staring at me. Levi normally frowns but why Eren too?

" tell me about it. " i roll my eyes - attempting to ignore Eren and Levi's putrid glare.

" when you become queen, you better punch that little runt " I hear Mikasa whisper to Historia who lets out a soft giggle in response. My blood boiled at her little comment and I snap my head at them.

" geography, Mikasa - If either of you punch that ' little runt ' I'll light both of you on fire and make sure the only way for extinguishing yourselves would be to urinate on one another. Got it ? " I whisper to them with a sense of menace filling my cold voice.

Historia gulps and stiffens as does Mikasa - I almost see sweat droplets fall from both of their foreheads.

Never knew I was that scary -I was just kidding, punch the shorty - heck I'll do it for you.

I laugh at my self silently enjoying all the people around me, all the People that I've learnt to call my family - well besides mathematics, she's way too dramatic.

-/-/- time skip -/-/-

- Levi's POV -

" Where is she ? " I ask Jean, who - of course, I saw last with her. I'm not sure why seeing Mia with him bothers me so much but it does. I should trust her and I do, but I sure as hell don't trust this horse.

" she's uh- resting captain ! " Jean salutes, i nod at him dismissing him and i start to walk down the hall to Mia's room.

I steadily approach the door, carefully opening it watching vigilantly for a creaking noise that could wake Mia.

I walk Inside shutting the door behind me leaving the only light source, a candle perched on the night stand next to her bed

Still afraid of the dark, the brat.

She looks so peaceful.. for once she seemed so relaxed from her usual panicked interior - true, she never showed it on the outside just how scared she was of the future,and of losing people again.

Her hair covered her face, and her body was drenched in a heavy blanket leaving only her hand exposed - I walk closer to her small figure sitting down on the corner of the bed making sure not to wake her.

I carefully raise my hand gently moving some of the hair away from her face.

I can't help but smile at her, who would of thought that I, would ever be able to fall for anyone let alone someone like Mia.

I move my hand down to hers, carefully holding her delicate and corse fingers in my soft ones.

" I don't deserve you, blondie.. " I whisper to her, rubbing circles on her palm with my thumb.

Though still asleep, a small smile appears across Mia's face and I swear it feels like my knees are going to give out at the site of her and her perfect smile.

Tsk, I guess humanities strongest has a weakness after all.

And it's Mia Solera.

I release her hand, reaching for the folded piece of paper I kept in my back pocket - I carefully unwrapped it making sure not to tear anything and see the same painting I had taken from her book all that time ago.

Me and her sitting on top of a titan.

" why did you draw us on a titan? "

" I don't know... it looked cooler. "

The memory rushed my mind and a smile stained my face from the memory of when I first started falling for Mia

I've learnt to take this drawing everywhere I go, like a good luck charm - not that it is, that's ridiculous but it makes me feel closer to Mia when I'm not with her - like I have a piece of her.

I fold back the paper slipping it neatly back in my pocket.

" l- Levi? " her soft voice croaked, she reaches for me. Her hand trying to find mine.

" Rest Blondie, we got a long day tomorrow. " I command, I grab her hand ending her search. A much larger smiles grows on her as does mine, I lean forward kissing her softly on the forehead taking in the scent of her hair and how it smelt like cinnamon.

That bitch has been using my shampoo.

I pull away a little annoyed, I wanna go check what else she's taken from me so I stand up going to the door.

If she touched my bleach I swear I'll -

But before I can leave, her voice fills the room again

" Levi, stay with me. "

I turn my head back at her, and meet her hopeful eyes that contains a shine I rarely see in them

If it means dimming the light that shines through her eyes, then how could i possibly say no?

I walk back to her crawling into the space next to her, I wrap my arms around her waist as she leans into me with her blonde hair falling into my face.

" blow out the candle " I say, burying my face into her hair.

" no. "

This is gonna be a long night, I can tell already.

" Mia, blow out the candle. " I command again.

" No. " she repeats, I let out a groan in frustration and match it with an eye roll.

" Mia, that's an order. "

" Ay, i can only follow one order it's either I live or I blow out the candle - choose. "

I don't even know why i try

"  Fine then die! Now blow out the fucking candle ! " I yell at her.

" Fine! " she yells back lifting her self up and extinguishing the flame.

Both silence and darkness now fills the room and Mia, still being afraid of the dark crawls closer to me.

This brat has no issues killing titans but put her in the dark and she turns into Braus with no food.

I pull her close into me, holding her - if only I could pause this moment forever, when I'm with her and everything's okay for one moment I mean tomorrow could be a disaster if anything I should be preparing rather then snuggling with my cadet.

But yet again her calming voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

" night, shorty. " she teases

" Night Blondie. " and my eyes drift closed.