61• Rememeber me

I sit up, taking the first sign I see that points to the interment zone. There was no doubt that Falco had gone for Zeke, and if not, he'd still be looking for me. I had to be careful.

But, that was always something I had struggled with. So when a hand pulls me back, covering my mouth, I'm not near surprised.

I had been caught.

I grab at the capturers hand, clawing through the skin...but a steam seems to emit off the gashes I had created. An awful scent of burnt flesh floods my nose, the steam temporarily blinding me as the air grew thick.

Whoever it is, pulls me back. Opening a door, and pushing me inside.

" I'm going to take my hand off — don't scream."

The voice belonged to someone I knew, but a seemingly common occurrence stood, I couldn't place whom it may be. The man, now known to be, takes his hand away. The dryness that the steam brought, causing my lips to be dry and cracked.

I turn to him, the appearance of he was not one i expected...and yet, knew. Long, brown hair and a teal colored eye — the other left masked by a bandage.

Something so familiar about him, it continuously drew me in. Those eyes, though somewhat hidden from the darkness the room held, brought a memory back. A memory I couldn't place.

" You came."

The slightest of smiles appears along his lips, the drained look that colored his face ceased. His voice, though rigid and stale, held a light. A happiness, that I couldn't seem to rid.

" I did. But why? Who are you?" His smile immediately falters, an unease in the way he rubbed the back of his neck.

" I'm Eren. Your best friend."

I raise an eyebrow, uncertainty — perhaps even fear, relishing in my stomach. Zeke had warned me on talking to strangers, it was one of the reasons he kept me hidden during the day. And now, here I am, talking to a man who claimed to know me...and that I couldn't seem to recall.

" I'm sorry, you must have the wrong girl... I don't have a best friend." He merely scoffs, an eery laugh to it.

" Trust me. I would never forgot you." The room seems to grow silent, an everlasting light emitting between us. Frustration pooled inside my mind, as the one thing he asked me to do, I did. I do trust him, and because of that, the words he spoke brought a meaning.

Perhaps he didn't have the wrong girl, maybe I did know him. My mind had seemed to swirl recently, with i having the inability to recall anything...and with what I've seen, anything at this point — even major amnesia — is possible.

Zeke had told me when I woke from the coma, due to major post traumatic stress from the war, I'd have some issues relating to my mind...I just never reckoned it would be as grand as this.

" And by the looks of it...you'd never forget me too."

I meet his eye, and he had already caught mine. His face seemed to morph, as distant memories fluttered around his sunken figure.

But a burning ache grew upon my temple, and the floor began to sway under my feet. My hands felt for anything to grab onto, and thankfully, found his.