8• The Female Titan

" Hey Annie! " Armin calls, waving to her.
" What is it ? " She asks, eyeing me - I roll my eyes at her, and turn the other way, looking for any sign of more trouble.

" We need to get Eren out of Stonehess, Can you help us? " Armin pleads. Mikasa and i stand next to him and we both stare at each other - not really believing that she'll help.

" Fine."

Both our eyes widen in disbelief, but we begin walking to an archway that heads downwards. I feel somewhat reluctant to enter as I notice the darkness of the tunnels seeping through.

Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder, and when I turn, I see Mikasa smiling slightly at me. " We're here. "  I blink a couple times at her, not really sure what to say. I've never told anyone besides Eren about my fear, but I guess after all my years of having to sleep with a lit candle, she's taken notice.

" Whatever. " I roll my eyes, beginning to walk down the creepy tunnel. " No, I'm not going in." Annie says, I groan - I knew this would happen.

" What? Afraid of the dark, Annie? " Armin mocks, suddenly Eren appears from out the shadows, pulling his hood down. " Come on!" He says, but she pulls back.

Her silence proves Armins remark, but I feel it's actually for a more sinister reasoning. She can't transform underground.

" This is where I stop. "

" Annie! " Eren yells, I try to calm him and Armin down, but this begins to make Annie suspicious.

A bolt of lightning darts down and I narrowly avoid it, pulling Mikasa and Armin back with me.

" Come on! " I yell, grabbing Erens collar and darting down the dark hallways.

We turn into a tunnel, both having two ways to exit from. " This way! " Mikasa exclaims, and we begin to run right, Annie blocks our path with her fist - causing the roof to the right to collapse. We attempt to turn the other way, but alas Annie is to quick, and causes the second route to crash.

" Eren, transform! " Armin begs, and while Erens hand becomes covered in blood - nothing changed.

" I-I'm trying! " but it doesn't work.

Fear begins to fill the air. " Look, Annie doesn't which side we'll come up from, so she'll have to guess right? So if we separate, at least two of us has a chance of coming out alive. " I say, and though it may not be the best plan - as of now, it's the best we've got.

The group nods at my plan, " Eren and I will go this way, you two go there. " Armin exclaims, suddenly tears begin to spew down his face, already knowing that today, for two of us will be our last.

" No, I'm not leaving Eren. " Mikasa says, walking towards him - but I pull her back.

" Mikasa, stop. I know you made a promise, but I'm not gonna risk losing all three of you. " i say, she glares at me but fails to reply.

Eren hugs Mikasa, holding her tightly. I forget how close they are. After Mikasa releases from Eren she goes to hug Armin - while I stand there awkwardly, not really sure what to do. I don't really wanna say goodbye, because it's not my thing - I'm not supposed to care, and I don't but- I sigh, I really wish I didn't have to be in the situation, I wish that i dont have to say goodbye.

Eren looks at me, and i see the pain in his deep green eyes. I feel a nervousness set in the pit of my stomach - almost nauseating, as I realize just how serious the situation is.

I'm about to lose two of my only friends - or even possibly my life.

Eren rushes me, pulling me into his arms. Sometimes I forget how short I really am, as I can barely rest my head on his shoulder.