62• Emptied

40 thousand reads. Whack. Thanks so much to all of you who continue to support and read my story, you mean the absolute world to me. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to spread my story throughout, and I hope I don't disappoint.

You're all amazing, and I hope you'll all still be here as the story ( hopefully ) continues to grow. You've been here through thick and thin, and when I mean thin...I mean those really really questionable chapter. Like oof.

So thanks you guys, enjoy the new chapter :)

—-

" What?" He asked, folding his arms.

I crawled up to him, placing my palm upon his cheek. A warmth radiated off it, the blue in his eyes mellowing. The same voices i had heard resurface, this time with my knowledge of who they belonged to.

" Eri? Where is Mikasa and Armin?"

I clasp my hands over my mouth, the words had seemed to escape before I could stop them. The candles light flickers out, as I jump back. The urge to run grew, but I couldn't seem to
place why. I'm not afraid of the dark, never have been.

And yet, I can't fight the urge to look over my shoulder incase someone resides behind it — watching my every move. I held my breath, shutting my eyes as if it would rid the fear, but it doesn't.

I stand up, looking for a way out. But the night shields the windows from any light entering the room, and the distant steps of Eren only frighten me further. I step forward, bumping into furniture as the wood scrapes along my knee.

" Dammit.." I grit my teeth, continuing on. Eren calls out for me, but I ignore his pleas for me to wait. Everything was happening so fast, and for once, I couldn't keep up with it all.

" Mi...Hanna, wait! Please!" I hear him walk behind me, but as my hands fly through the air they land on a wall. I feel around farther, for any sort of intrusion that could reflect a door knob.

" Mia..please don't go." He pleads. " I'll do anything. Just don't leave."

I grab the handle, fighting the urge that laid in the back of mind to listen to what he said. His whimpers only seemed to draw me nearer, and as my mind swirled, my heart stayed sober. I turn the knob, allowing the distant light to flood the room.

" Please don't leave. Please don't leave me again."

I slowly turn around, meeting him. A watered glaze coats his eyes, tears gently pattering his cheeks. His hands shake, as he moves his hair out his face once more. He was desperate, desperate for me — if only I knew why.

" I...I'm sorry." I turn back, unsure if I truly should go. "...Zekes probably looking for me."

I step out, taking one final look back at him. The distance was so small, and yet I felt like he laid on the other side of the world. A hollowness absorbed my chest, the empty look that grew in Erens eyes captivated mine.

It was clear he wanted to say more, by the way his mouth stayed agape and slightly stuttered. But he knew better, and as did I. I turn back to the street, the same agonized yells of me to stay returned...but I refused to listen.

" Goodbye Eren."

" W-wait!" He steps out after me. " Fine, leave me but what about-"

I turn around, looking back to him. He breathes in, his eyes falling to the cobbled floor.

" What about Mikasa? And Jean? You gonna leave them too?" He asserts himself, the tears that stained his cheeks had ceased. His eyes, once laced with despair, now held pure ferocity and determination. He wasn't going down without a fight.

" You're going to leave Levi behind again?"

My eyes narrowed, he spoke names I couldn't recall and yet the last felt so,so...real. I shake the thought, turning back around. If I didn't walk away now, it seemed I never would. It was as if Eren was some sort of magnet, and I just couldn't keep away no matter how hard I tried.

" I don't know who they are," I walk farther away, the shadows concealing my own. " and I don't care."

He gasps, but stays silent. No more steps follow after me, he had remained behind. Finally. I walk back home, trailing up the streets.

The dark has thankfully sheltered me, so Falco and Zeke would most likely not find me. But I had another worry, I look back to my hand — I had completely forgot about the gash that engrossed my palm. The blood had stopped, and dried into crisps around it, but an ache followed with it.

Steam had begun to flood the wound, as I release a pent up sigh. My ability only allowed me to heal when I was calm, and I finally was. The gash soon fled, leaving nothing but the red that stained my hand.

I continued to make my way to my house, arriving to the barren home that thankfully no one had entered...seeing as the window remained open and broken.

As I climbed back through the window, I swept away the remaining glass. Zeke was bound to question it tomorrow, if he didn't know about the whole incident already that is.

I had expected to be tired, the walk alone was lengthy. But it seemed I was still induced with adrenaline. My eyes fall to my desk, the idea to draw catching my interest.

Sitting at my desk, I pull out my pencils and sketchbook. Zeke had just brought me new ones, and I was ready to use them after I had blunted my last.

My pencil traced along the sheet, tracing and shading each line until my picture was complete. I had drawn this same picture numerous times before, but it was all I could think. The man that invaded my sketches, was someone I had never seen nor knew and yet, my mind always drifted to him.

He held no name, only a face of grey toned eyes and raven hair. So familiar, and yet surreal.

If only I knew of who the captor of my thoughts were and why every image I drew fell back to him. And as my eyes fell to my locked door and shattered window, it seemed that I never would.