16• Kidnapped

- Mia's POV -

" Cadets, listen up. " Levi commands, drawing Mikasa and I back to the group. I carefully limp back, shrugging off Mikasa's attempt to help me.

I ungracefully move my way through the group, and towards Levi. Packing my weight onto him, at first he resists my touch but the moment his eyes meet mine, they somewhat soften. As he wraps his arm around my waist, propping me up.

" The Goverment has froze all activity containing the Scouting Regiment outside the walls."

Some gasp, but I particularly take note in Jean and Christas shocked expression. They both look so fearful and in a state of utter disbelief.

" There's more.. " his eyes yet again meet mine, but this time.. they hold a much more solemn expression. Not cold nor warm, rather uncertain or pitiful to say the least.

" They're demanding custody of Eren, Historia and Mia. "

This time, the gasps are louder and more obnoxious. Including the one that leaves my own mouth. Why would they want me ? I understand Eren and even Christa..I mean geography or historia - I don't know what her name is anymore.

But still, I can't grasp why they wish for me. Back at Wall Rose, I had the same issue with Reiner and Bertholdt wishing to take me too. What's going on? And why does everyone want me all of a sudden?

I look to both Eren and C-Historia, and while her eyes seem dispersed in panic — Erens look so calm, as if he knew it will turn out okay. For someone so usually fearful, this is surprising.

For once the roles have switched, and time I'm the one scared and he is not. I lock eyes with him, and he gives me a smile — boosting my confidence as a whole. Perhaps if even he believes it'll be okay, then so it shall.

" So what are we going to do? "  Jean asks, rubbing the back of neck nervously.

" We're going to head back to Trost. In that we'll devise a plan, and you three will have to be kept hidden. "  My new confidence suddenly plummets at the sound of this new ' plan' in which I believe, is far to simple to work. To be fair, I haven't heard the details of it but for us to be just hidden ? Well, it sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Levi must take notice in my abrupt change in demeanor, as he begins to trace tiny circles on my exposed skin from where my shirt leaves bare.

" Alright, let's go."

———

- Erens POV -

I hate how I hate seeing them together. It's not fair on her, but I just can't get over how angry I feel when she's with him. All I wish is for her to be happy.. just I wish, I wish it could be with me and not the corporal.

But, there are other things I need to do. Things I need to focus on rather than just Mia.

" Eren! " Hange calls, walking over to me.

" Yes, Squad Leader ? "

" Sadly, I won't be joining the mission. So do myself a favor, and keep the rest of 'em safe,okay?" I nod, realizing how she's referring to Mia and Levi. Then it hits me, the thing I've been needing to tell her for so long.

" Squad Leader ? "

" Aw, honey please! Call me Hange! "

" Ah- Okay.. Hange, I need to speak to you about a conversation I heard between Bertholdt and Ymir. " Her eyes spark widely, lit up with intrigue as I hand her a note, in which is laced with every detail of the conversation I can recall.