15• Confessions

" You're awake. " Levi states, coming up from behind me.

" Yep. " my eyes still feel groggy, and I can feel myself slowly drifting back to sleep.

" Mia! "  Eren calls, running up to me. I roll my eyes, annoyed at how constantly loud he is.
" What? " my voice appears bored - and honestly it is.

" We need to make it look like we weren't here, can you help ? " he smiles innocently, i shake my head at him. I just woke up and there's no way I'm cleaning cleaning this place - AGAIN! Not that i did anything before.. but still.

" Mia, clean. " Levi orders me, and honestly the audacity of these two. " No! " I walk away from the two fuming boys and make my way over to someone else - a calmer someone.

" Hi Mia! " Armin says, his focus onto re cleaning the table.  " Armin. " I grin, leaning onto his near finished table.

" What's happening ? " he's referring to the angry two behind me, I roll my eyes as they drift to the floor.

" Nothing, those two are just stupid. " he laughs, mustering up little nods as my eyes drift back to Levi whose still holding a scowl.

And I wonder, how on earth have I fallen for him?

——— Time Skip ———
—- Mikasa's POV -—

We thankfully finished making sure the cabin looked deserted on time, and now standing on hill up above - we all watch the MP's flood the entire place.

I look to the front of the group, my eyes narrowing as they reach Levi whose currently hoisting Mia up, his arm wrapped around her waist. To be fair, her leg is injured but it doesn't stop the annoyance I gain from seeing the two together.

Now i know how much Mia has gone through, I refuse to let her fall for someone who will bring nothing but trouble. Levi's cruel, I'm surprised Mia hasn't noticed.

Fed up, I trudge forward - pulling Mia away by her shoulder. " I need to talk to you. " she simply stares back at me, before nodding reluctantly.

We walk to a spot further away, with I making sure to help Mia every few meters with her poor limp - it doesn't end to well though, the assisting part at least. I forget I'm Injured as well.

" So what do you want ? " I sigh, irked by her aloofness.

" You and that midget ? "

" What about us ? " I drop my hands in frustration, my breathing becoming rigid. How can someone as intelligent as Mia be so dense.

" You like him, don't you. "

" Wait? No, I don't! " I raise my eyebrow at her, in complete disbelief of her statement.

" it's true, I don't care for him - or anyone. " who's she really trying to convince here? Because it doesn't sound like me.

" Rose, tell the truth. " this time, I use her middle name - knowing just how much this angers her.

" Do not call me that. " she grips my wrist, her eyes firing daggers at me. " I'll tell everyone your middle name, if you don't tell me the truth. " she suddenly releases my wrist, stepping back a few steps.

" Fine. " she sighs. " I- i guess there's a slight chance.." i note how difficult it is for her, and begin to feel somewhat remorseful over forcing her to express herself, seeing how obviously hard it is for her to show any emotion at all.

" there's a chance that I like him. A lot. "

" Mia! You know he's not a good guy! Look at what he did to Eren. " I'm sure deep down Levi does care somewhat, but Mia doesn't need 'somewhat ' , she needs someone who'll love her. Levi can't do that.

" Careful Ackerman, you judge him after seeing him once. If you maybe thought a bit harder, you'd understand that what Levi did to Eren, saved his stupid ass. He may not be good in your eyes, but he is to me. And that's all I need. " I stay silent, watching her intently.

" I don't care what you think of him. " and for the first time ever, her ' I don't care ' sounded more genuine than it ever had before.

But my silence annoys her, and she suddenly throws her hands out in frustration. Her eyes growing dimmer, as her scowl begins to falter.

" Mikasa.. he makes me feel okay." I see her cringing over herself, but her eyes show - that she means every word.

" All the pain, all the wrong.. it goes away when I'm with him. " I sigh, knowing how she feels. I relate, in every single way.

" I understand if you don't like him but please- I'm tired of living a nightmare, let me dream for a while.. " I hadn't realized how much she cared for him. I guess I should really pay more attention to her.

" I'm sorry. I-I know how you feel, forget I said anything. " her ears perk up slightly at my confession, her eyes gleaming.

" Wait - you feel the same way?! About who ?! " my eyes slowly drift away from hers, and to Eren whose in the group further away. His seemingly locked on mine as well.

" Oh my- YOU LIKE ER- " I quickly clasp my hand over her mouth, silencing her. I nod, confirming her belief.

I release my hand, straightening my aching back as we both stare at each other - speaking a silent truce of in which, we'll never speak of this moment nor share the things shared here.

Silence does speak far louder than words after all.

" So, is that all you wanted to talk about, Ackerman ? "

" Yes, Rosie." I've always envied her middle name, I fail to understand why she can't stand it at all. I guess that's a conversation for another time though.

Her lips curled downwards, into a nasty scowl. She clenches her first, grabbing me by my scarf and yanking me forward.

" If you ever call me Rosie again, I will strangle you with your scarf and then burn it. "

I silently cower over her remark, for someone so tiny, she sure is terrifying. Even for I.