59• The New Beginning

—————————————
- 4 years since the return to Shiganshina.-

Perhaps it was the screeching sound of my opened curtains or the way the trees branches continuously tapped on my windows, but either way, I'm awake.

My eyes soon flickering open, find nothing but darkness. The dark to most had always been an eery topic, so hollow and dense in the sense of the unknown that the darkness hid. But for i, it was peace. Serenity in the form of heightened shadows.

The light of the moon casts down through the glass, the gentle shapes of the branches and the leaves that hung off it drawing images on my cobbled floor.

This was my favorite time of the day, hours after midnight and minutes prior to Dawn. Everything was quiet, and yet the treasures of this world had just awoken. The birds had already begun their tunes and the wind that my sleep masked showed its strength by the banging it brought to my ceiling.

Pulling away my covers, I hop on the floor. The cold stone meeting my feet. Quickly grabbing my robe, I slip it over my shoulders and carefully open my door.

The hallway, no matter the time, was empty. To be fair, I am the only resident in this house and yet I can't help but wonder if perhaps someone was to reside in the other rooms,what it would be like.

Trailing down the staircase, I open my back door. The chill of the winter air causing the hairs on the back of my neck to stand.

Having forgotten about my shoes, I step out, the grass sinking through my toes as the wind continues to blow my hair back.

" How many times do I have to tell you to wait?"

Jumping slightly, i turn to the voice. The shadows looming over him as his blonde hair and glasses come into sight.

" Oh, didn't you see you there...Zeke."

He steps farther out into the light. His arms opening wide as he approaches me, a brilliant smirk radiating off his cheeks.

" Hanna. Were you going to try and leave without me?"

I shake my head, but alas, lies have never been my forte.

" It's just that you always make training so boring and I wanted to try it out alone." He raises an eyebrow, but nods.

" Boring? More so practical. All you want to do is look at the 'pretty' things." He mocks, beginning to walk ahead of me.

I've always had trouble keeping up with him, or anyone, my short legs never assisted me much when it came to speed. And it's not like I could use anything else to quicken my pace, so growing tired from having to run to keep up it is.

" That's not true!" He sheds a glance, with even i noting my fault. " Okay, but outside is really nice! And god knows the only time I see it is well...now."

Groaning, he ignores my final line. He was always so stubborn when it came to anything about me being able to leave my house at other times excluding this, though his reasons I knew, I can't help but feel frustrated even slightly oppressed.

Not wishing to cause any argument, I stay silent, my eyes drifting to the towns old buildings and the quiet roads.

Zeke was right when he said I preferred to spend my time viewing the 'pretty' things, as for i have an utmost curiosity for them. I just couldn't seem to grasp on how something so basic, could be so perfect.