2• Training and Titans

Two years have passed since Wall Maria fell. Now, the four of us have been working on the farms.

But, today is finally the day. The day we all head on our journey to become a member of the scouting regiment.

" AND WHO ARE YOU, BOY? " The commandment yells to Eren. Usually, I don't particularly care what happens to him, but this time it affects me. I'm standing next to the two, and they're not exactly quiet.

I try to drown out the intense yelling coming from them, so I spend my time scoping my surroundings, taking in the mass amount of kids that await the same fate as we all do.

" Eren Jaeger, Sir! "

" AND WHY ARE YOU HERE ? " His voice rings through the air, irking me further.

" To defeat every single titan, sir! " I groan, rolling my eyes irritably. My whole life I've known him, and all it's taken is twelve scrutinizing years to know: you never, under any circumstances, ask Eren why he wants to join the corps. Because once he starts talking, he'll never stop.

" You idiot. " The Commandant laughs, hastily turning away to search for his next victim.

I silent pray he doesn't pick me, after all I have a feeling our personalities would well...clash.

Soon his eyes fall on me, I groan it just seems like I couldn't catch a break. Eren narrows his eyes on me, signifying that I should stand up properly and salute like all the others do but I don't care enough too.

" AND WHAT IS YOUR NAME ?! "

" Mia. Mia Solera. "

" YOU WILL ADDRESS ME AS ' SIR ' , UNLESS YOU WANT TO RUN LAPS LIKE BRAUS. "

i again roll my eyes, as I hear everyone else begin to mutter incoherently.

" I don't care. " I shrug, my eyes drifting up to his. For a minute, both our eyes refuse to move away from one another, as if we did it could be called a victory to the opposer. So we stay pinned to one another.

" Mia... " I merely raise a finger to Eren signifying him to shut up. " seriously stop."

But I don't.

I focus harder on the commandants eyes, refusing to even blink. But then, it was my turn to become taken back.

As I find something laced in his eyes, curiosity.

" Where are you from? " though his voice comes off as soft — far different from earlier, his eyes still hold the same ferocity besides the obvious intrigue.

" Shiganshina. "

He nods carefully, as if my answer was some sort of validation for my behavior.

" You were there."

" Yes. " I await for him to turn away, praying my response would be enough. But he doesn't leave, nor do his eyes unlatch from mine.

What does he want from me ?

" Why are you here ? "

" Nothing else better to do in this shit place. " I scoff, throwing nearly everyone off. Well, all but Shadis. For once, I see him smirk and I just can't seem to understand why.

" Well, for your sake, let's pray your combat skills are better than your terrible attitude. " and then he walks away, leaving me utterly fazed.

———

Sitting in the mess hall, I note the loudness of everyone and how much of an opposite I was. I'm not particularly interested in getting to know anyone anyway like the others are doing, as I can only wish to go back to my dorm and draw.