3• Scouts

A chill ran up Erens spine, the cool cuffs gripped around his wrists sending waves of adrenaline along with it. His eyes shot open, the dim candle lights of the barren room leaving him hollow.

"...Hello?" He whispered. Eren recalled what occurred hours prior and the look Mikasa and Armin had when they, too, found out about his shifting ability. Guilt left him ridden without a desire to even leave his bed.

The sound of footsteps made his heart twist, Eren knew he was in a cell and that could only mean what his fate would hold.

Two men approached his cell and as if his fear had relinquished entirely, a smile warped Erens features.

The man closest to Eren stood tall with short blond hair and thick, dark eyebrows. Even if he hadn't worn his scouts uniform, Eren and most would know him as Commander Erwin Smith.

Eren had grown up in awe of the commander, especially of one of his subordinates. The other that stood next to Erwin was smaller with black hair and a frown that could frighten most titans. Eren grinned, his mind unable to steady at the moment he sat in front of Captain Levi Ackerman.

Erwin stepped forward, looking down on the boy in shackles, " So, tell me, Eren, you have the ability to transform into a titan?"

He gulped, eyes fixed on the wall where Levi rested upon, " Yes- yes, sir."

" And are you a threat to us? a threat to humanity?"

Eren gasped, his hands trembling beneath the cuffs. What had happened earlier was nothing but a plume in his memory; he could barely recall what it was like when in form.

" No! I...I want to help!"  He couldn't shake off Erwin and Levis uncertain stares, but doubt did not captivate his own, " I'll kill every titan I see and finally rid us of these walls! So, so, one day, we can be free!"

Erwin placed a hand on his chin, nodding to Levi. The captain crossed his arms, sighing, " Tell me, who attacked the Colossal titan?"

And as the stress ceased, an entire new form of fear sprouted. Mia. He hadn't seen her since she attacked the Colossal. His heart trembled with uncertainty, unknowing if she had made it too.

" Mia, sir, Mia Solera."

Erwin looked to the guards, signaling for them to retrieve her.

Levi sighed, crossing his arms together, " So this girl...she's the one with the attitude problem?"

" He'll be fine." Jean mutters, leaning against the wall. He glanced at Mia, a soft smile peeking through.

She rolled her eyes, " I don't care." but neither were convinced. Mia turned her cheek, biting her lip, " He's a dumbass anyway."

" It's okay to show worry sometimes, kid." Jean squeezed her shoulder, smiling back at her.

Mia met his gaze, shaking away the warmth that flooded her cheeks and turned towards the oncoming guards.

" Cadet Solera. You are needed downstairs by orders of Commander Erwin Smith. "

She raised an eyebrow, but nodded. Mia had nor the energy or time to argue. She didn't care for it, not with all the havoc that was already bestowed on her.