43• Love

" I love you Blondie "

My throat dries up, and I can barely even look at him from the massive heat rushing to my cheeks.

I'd been wishing for this, and yet here I am, unable to say a word. Levi leans up, a soft smirks prancing around his lips.

Oh how I missed that smile..

He leans into me, closing the gap between us. At first, I'm hesitant. Somehow fearful, I'll screw it up again but as each kiss grows more intense, i forget the fear. I open my mouth for him, letting his hands trail up my back and into my hair. I wrap my arms around his neck as I still lay atop of him, drawing closer to his chest.

I feel him smirk between each kiss, and I can't stop my accelerated heart beat. But suddenly, he pulls away. Leaving me breathless in more ways than one. I look at him, utterly confused but his eyes scream concern.

" You didn't say it back. " I raise an eyebrow, before it hits me. I didn't say I love you back. A mischievous grin forms on my face as I pull myself slightly closer to Levi, my legs straddling his hips. " I thought you'd know by now ~ " I say, letting my fingers release from his neck and caress his cheek instead.

He remains silent, huffing a little obviously annoyed by me. I can't help but laugh, finding his little irk adorable. His gaze falls to the ground, and I feel my grin falter. I didn't know it bothered him so much, I hope he isn't doubting my love for him.

I put my finger against his chin, tilting it up so he's forced to stare into my eyes.

" I love you more, shorty. "

with that, he closes the gap once more, kissing me far more intensely than last time.

And just like that, i realized.

It's him. It's always been him.

———

" LEVI AND MI MOO ARE BACK AT IT AGAIN !! I REPEAT SHORT STACK AND SHORTER BLONDE STACK ARE MAKING BABIES, PEOPLE " I rapidly crawl off Levi, shock sprawling across my face as plain annoyance fills his.

" Hange! You weren't supposed to say it aloud !" I whip my head around to glance at who the voice belongs too - praying my suspicious aren't correct and meet the gaze of Erwin. And Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Sasha, Connie, mathematics and ANY OTHER PERSON IN THIS DAMN CASTLE!

My eyes widen and I quickly turn to Levi, whose already stood up as a hand lays out for me, I grab it and sit up, quickly adjusting my shirt that had been messed up a bit.

" Shut up, all of you. " Levi commands, standing in front of me as if he were a shield.

" We're just happy for you two cuties !! " Hange again squeals attempting to run up to us but before she can, Erwin grips her foreman not allowing to move anymore.

" I apologize, Hange called us saying there was an emergency outside.. It slipped my mind entirely that it could of been... well, this. " my face flushes, thankfully being somewhat masked by the setting sun.

" THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!! " she yells, and I hear Levi just groan as the rest of the squads-thankfully begin shuffling inside, well not before getting a thumbs up from Jean and Mikasa of course.

" COME ON, COMMANDER LOOK AT THEM!! THEY'RE TOGETHER - KISSING !! " I laugh, managing to get over my state of embarrassment as I see just how excited Hange is now that we're well together ? I'm not really sure what we are.

" Squad Leader Hange, I expect more professionalism from you. You should know not to dabble in other people's private matters." but does Hange listen? Nope. Erwin walks back inside leaving a pissed off Levi, a still squealing Hange and I alone.

" So ~ when am I becoming a aunt ?! " I facepalm, walking towards Hange but a hand blocks me from doing so.

" You're not. " His voice radiates anger, but somehow I can't help but laugh.

" .. Stop laughing, Mia. " but i dont. He's just so funny when he's angry!

" haha- hmph, sorry. " I compose myself, gradually falling back into my usual self.

" Aww you guys are two cute ! What happened ?! Did you listen to what I said Levi ?! " I turn to him, raising my eyebrow but he doesn't meet my gaze as his eyes just narrow at Hanges.

" Four eyes, you have 5 seconds to leave before I feed you to Eren. "

...

" I'm okay with that. "

I hit Levi on the back of his head, for someone so smart, he sure does have this moments.
Of course Hange would love that! So I take initiative , grabbing Levi's hand in mine.

" Hange, Levi and won't talk to each again, if you don't leave. " and before I can even finish, she's already in the castle.

" That was easier than I thought. " he says, pulling me into him as he wraps his arm around my waist.

" Leave it to me and you'll be okay ~ " I smile, letting my fingers lace through his hair.

" So, What did Hange say to you? " Curiosity taking over me, Levi turns his face away from me but with the sun still somewhat up, I see the deep crimson shade dusting across his cheeks.

" come on ~ tell me! " he sighs, tightening his grip around my waist. " she said I must... " his voice grows quieter " tell you how I feel.. "

I smile once more, leaning in and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. " Did she say something to you ? " he asks me, and I simply nod - not wanting to go into detail about the terrible memory I endured with Hange.

" We should head inside, you need to bath. You're filthy. " he turns his face up in disgust. I roll my eyes, hugging him to spread my 'filth' even more on him.

He pulls out of my grip and begins trudging to the castle doors but then something passes my mind.

" .. Levi? " my voice has now changed from confidence to now - fragility.

He doesn't turn back but instead stops in his tracks.

" Yeah, Blondie ? "

I'll never get tired of hearing him say that..

" Are we.. yeah know, uh - " I fumble over my words, feeling even more nervous than before.

" Yes. We're back together. "