42• Fighting for you

I strengthen my pose, kneeling down slightly but he just stands there, his eyes brewing deep holes into my head. A dark tension starts to grow in the air, to the point where even the air feels thick.

" I'm waiting. " I tease, and as pissed as I feel, I can't help the growing smirk forming on my lips. Levi nears me, walking ever so slowly as his left hand raises.

He swings it at me, but I miss it and do a quick roll to dodge his sudden counter attack as he slips out his leg to kick me. Crouching down, I grab his shirt and pull him down with me so I tower over him. " You've gotten better. " Levi says, and my eyes meet his.

I sit atop of him, pinning his arms down over his head. " Or you've gotten worse ? " this pisses Levi off, and suddenly he flips me over his head and I land on the floor with a loud thud. " ahh " I groan, rubbing my back but before I can even properly compose myself, Levi swings at me again.

I narrowly dodge, attempting to ignore the stinging sensation in my back. I go to hit him but he grabs my fist, applying pressure. I wince from the ferocity of his moves, and lift my leg - quickly kneeing him in the stomach.

He stumbles back, looking a little shocked as his mouth gapes open. He growls, before landing a punch right in my nose.

Well isn't this ironic, i think as I remember how I had hit Petra all that time ago.

I drop to my knees, clutching my face as blood spews from the openings in my hand.

" Mi- " He begins, but I cut him off, quickly getting up and kicking him backwards.

" Fine, you wanna play like that? " I scowl, though it was my intention to attempt to get some sort of reaction from Levi - I was sorta praying that this fight would end up with Levi confessing how upset he is with me or something, I didn't expect for him to go this hard.

" Cadet, let m- " I kick him again, and he groans. " No. " I punch him again, but before I can land it - he stops me. I await for him to speak but instead he raises a hand, and slaps me hard across the face which sends me toppling over.

" You should give up. " He says, pulling me up by my collar. " Tsk, you wish. " I smirk, enjoying how close are faces are.

He raises me higher, to the point my feet are dangling off the ground. As strong as he's said to be, it doesn't stop me from being surprised he can actually lift me. I doubt Levi is gonna drop me anytime soon, so I take it upon myself and kick him in the groin.

" or maybe, you should give up ..? " I tease, watching him hunch over as he winces from the pain. " MIA WHAT ARE YOU DOING! I WANT YOU TWO TO HAVE KIDS !! YOU CANT GO KICKING HIM LIKE THAT!! " Hange screams, and both Levi and I turn bright red.

" SHUT UP, FOUR EYES. " We both say in unison, and when I look back at Levi, I can't help the large grin forming on my face as he just stares at me.

" Get up, Levi.. or are you done ? "

He grits his teeth, getting up and back In position. " Ah, i was kinda hoping you'd give up.. " I groan, " Sorry, I'm not you. " He mocks.

I roll my eyes, and go to hit him again. I land the punch successfully and we continue to brawl for what seems like hours, until he says something.

" Why won't you quit? huh? What point are you trying to prove ?! " I step back, dropping my fist that was just inches away from his face.

I don't know what I'm trying to prove, at first it was a play to get him to express himself about what had happened but damn, the sun is beginning to set and nothings changed. I wonder why Levi hasn't finished me yet, he can but yet he doesn't ?

But then again... maybe I didn't fight Levi for him. Maybe I didn't fight Levi for him to show some sort of sign that he's hurting.. perhaps, I did it for me?

I've been feeling all this guilt, and even with talking to everyone - nothing and I mean nothing stops the disgusting feeling in the pit of my stomach. But this.. in some twisted way, has taken away the feeling even if it may be only temporary. I feel as though I should be punished and this just fits the requirements.

I wipe my bloody nose, meeting the stone cold eyes of his " I thought we were training, Captain? "

" This - " He points to my bruised up face " is not training. It's a fight. "

" So what, you're gonna give up? " I'm not ready for this to end, I can already feel that sick feeling rising again.

" I'm ending it. " i shake my head at him, almost pleadingly. " No, not yet ! "

" Mia - " I grab his arm, yanking him forward. I quickly swing him to the ground and before he can react, I pin his arms down. " Humanities strongest - my ass ! "

" Mia, Stop. " he commands, but I ignore him as I silently beg for him to hit me once more.

But he doesn't move at all, he lays under me just staring up at me. His eyes seemingly concerned as mine appear lost.

" Hit me, Levi. Do it. " I shut my eyes and await for his fist to reach my skin but after a minute it doesn't.

" Levi, come on! " I yell, gripping my nails into his arms, but he doesn't flinch at all. He just watches me.

" Mia.. " he pulls his arm away, slowing raising his hand to caress my cheek. I shake my head not wanting him to see me like this. I tried to fix things but i just made it worse.

" I don't want to hurt you, Blondie. "

And there he goes again, making me fall for him even more than I already had. I thought I'd never hear him say that again, I almost want to pinch myself - disbelieving that this right now is happening.

" L-Levi.. " my voice trails off, as he slowly lifts himself, leaning on his elbows.

" You're an idiot, you know that? " I stare at him, utterly dumbfounded.

" Uh- i- " i open my mouth, mumbling incoherent words as not even I knew what I wanted to say.

Levi leans closer, so I sit atop of him. My face flushes, as his eyes meet mine and I find myself unable to breathe.

" I love you, Blondie. "