49• Hidden Doors and Memories

Yo mate, what u people doing readin my story?! This shits trashhhhh but no matter ~ cuz ya girl hit 9k reads!!! Thats freaking EPICCC so love u cool ass people who do read my story, ur epic and plz vote and comment cuz it makes me so so happy !!

Anyway let's start this chapter ~~

——

" Amelia~ " I hear a voice call. A voice I hadn't heard in years.

" Mom? "

I freeze in place, to fearful to look for where the voice came from.  It can't be her — I'm just imagining things, right?

" Amelia, if you come out, I'll read you the princess and the knight ; your favorite ~ "

It can't be.

I lose complete focus on my perishing friends and aim for the voice, the one I wished was nothing but me hearing things.  I stand up, the creaking wood increasing in volume by each step I take.

I pass through my old kitchen, finding an empty pit beginning to brew in my stomach when I notice the blood stained walls that used to near the stove, gone. 

Wherever I am — it's before their murder. They're still alive..

" Mommy! "  I whip around, feeling a nauseas breeze brush through me.

And that's when I see her.

Or so — me.

Expect, I'm around 6 years old and my hair is short and wavy and well, I'm baring a smile. Which was unusual in my younger days and by younger days I mean 4 months ago.

" Mommy, where are you ? " I can't help but smile myself, I sound so sweet — so pure.

Scary how fast things can change. Even more so, that in exactly 1 year — this Mia will cease to exist and will be replaced by a careless version instead.

Enjoy it while it last they say..

" Hellloooo...? " i find my movement again and step forward, wanting to follow after my younger self.

" GOTCHA ! "  Amelia laughs, attempting to run away from the bearer of the voice.

But I can't see who it is, my parents bedroom door covers their face. It sounds so familiar but so far out of reach, as if the memory of it is fading.

I near the door, poking my head around and almost feel my heart stop when I see her face. My mother. I almost forgot what she looked like.

Her hair as blonde as mine and yet so ashy, with her eyes matching a teal similar to Eren's.

But the lucky bitch got to be tall, where I on the other hand had to succumb to the pleasures of being called a dwarf half my life.

Other than that, we look near identical in features, same bone structure and everything. Even though I once resented my parents, I always found myself wishing I could remember their faces — her face. Never knew all I had to do was look in a mirror to remember it.

" Mom..? " I whisper, my mouth feeling dry and my voice hoarse. It's as if I'm meeting her all over again — but with the known knowledge that in 1 year, she'll take her last breath.

She doesn't respond nor seem to hear me. This feels like one eccentric dream. " Can you read the story now? "

But alas, this is a dream that I can't seem to remember.

From the memories of my parents, there weren't any pleasant ones but this — it seems so.. happy.

So normal.

" Yes! Come on, let's go read it in your bedroom. " I follow after them, smiling sadly at the view of my room.

In it lies the same single bed fitted with murky pink sheets and white linen, an old desk my father had found and of course some of my prized possessions: my mirror, and my sketchbook and pencils.

I take a seat on the edge of the bed, feeling the same discomfort as my younger self passes through me as though I'm a ghost. She snuggles under the blankets allowing my mother to do the same.

" READDD "

" Okay, Okay. Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess named Dawn.. "

A graceful warmth flows through me, I feel almost.. safe? At home ?

I never felt that when I lived here, not one bit. My eyes drift from the book she's reading, to the way my mother rests her arm around me. I wish I could remember this for myself..

Then a crashing sound hits the floor, I pull myself out of my blissful peace and focus on the new issue at hand : My mother dropped the book on the floor.

" I'll get it ! " Amelia smiles, dropping down from the bed and kneeling down to pick up the book.

But then, with her hand dangling around the hems of the pages — she stops.

" Amelia..? Come on, pick it up. " but she doesn't. She appears frozen in place.

" Mama...what's that? " suddenly her voice peaks my attention, as she moves away from the book and kneels down even further so she practically lays on the floor.

Her eyes peer under my bed and yet, I can't bring myself to see what she's looking it.

As I know, this is when the dream comes to an end.

" Amelia! Step away! Right now! " and again, my mischievous little self fails to comply. I hear a soft creak and note Amelia's arm fidgeting under the bed.

There's something under there.

My mother grips Amelia, shoving her out the way. Tears begin to well in her eyes from the shock of my mother's violent approach.

" Don't you EVER open that door, do you HEAR ME?! "

" B-but Mommy, whats in there? Monsters? " She sniffles.

"   Far worse than monsters, Amelia. Far worse."

Suddenly the wood of my bedroom begins to fade and cripple away like leaves in the wind and there I was back in the dining hall.

Tears streaming down my face. I hadn't even noticed.

" Mia..? Are you okay? " Levi lays a hand on my shoulder, giving me a reassuring squeeze but this time, it was not enough.

Somehow, I wished that I wouldn't find anything. I didn't realize that what I would discover was far worse than what I could of imagined.

" Did you find anything ?! " Hange coos, practically jumping towards me.

" Yes. "

" Well, what did you find ?! "

" The room, it exists. "