66• The Arrival of the Corps

60 k reads. That's whack af. Thanks to all you incredible people who continuously vote and comment on my stories. You mean the world to me, so thanks so much for joining me in this journey this story has brought.

I hope you all enjoy the chapter, and have an amazing week angels <3

———

In one final attempt, I raise my palm — allowing a surge of power to resonate through each coursing vain in my arm, and slam it down.

A grumbling noise passes through the cracking wood, and exerts out the table, imploding it and sending both Eren and Zeke flying.

Wood flies everywhere, impaling each wall in the house. I look to the two, unable to fully discern them. Their jaws both drop, rushing to my side before my mind fades to a halted black light.

" Mia?" Called a muffle voice. My eyes flutter open, the harsh light of the horizon bearing a strain.

I turn to the voice, a soft smile lacing my lips when I find the man to be Eren. He grins back, placing his palm his under my chin and lifts it to check for any injuries. Once cleared, he merely moves his hand to my cheek, gently caressing my cold skin.

" How are you feeling?" The question stood so simple but, I couldn't seem to answer it.

The pain that had held my mind resurfaces but, stands clear. The once blurry, and uncertain memory that had been pounding it's way into my head, now is solid and known.

" I'm fine but," I look down, allowing his hand to fall from my cheek to my hand. " I'd like to know why you lied to me about my death."

His eyes widen, a sudden gasp escaping his lips. He shakes his head, over and over again, mumbling the same words.

" What are you talking about?"

I push myself away from him, standing up despite the dizziness it brings. He, as well, stands but I refuse to keep my eyes latched on to him like he has to me.

" You told me I was with Levi when I died. Why would you lie?" Eren, again, shook his head. He didn't seem to believe what I spoke.

" Mia, I'm not lying! I swear, Levi was with you-" I push him back, not allowing him to finish.

" You know all I ever hear from you is things about that guy! Look, I get that we grew up together and I get that we joined the scouts but," I growl, my chest heaving. " that's over. And until I remember everything, it never happened."

Erens jaw drops, soft whimpers drawing out of his throat. " No Mia, no-" he raises a palm, gently placing it on my arm but I shrug it off. "they're coming, you'll remember them. You just gotta give it some time, you had your whole life wiped, it makes sense-"

" No, Eren. You lied. You told me I was with Levi, well my memory came back." I couldn't bear to look at him, the anger that carried me forward only controlled me now. " Were you ever going to tell me the truth? About how it was actually Zeke that with me?"

He steps back, narrowing his eyes.

" What are you talking about?"

I scoff, curling my hands into fists. I had expected for him to at least admit his fault but, he failed too.

" Look, I have to go-" Eren says, turning away as if the prior argument hadn't just erupted. I raise an eyebrow, even more vexed with how little he seemed to acknowledge the issue.

He walks fast, quickening his pace further as we both near the festival that had begun earlier today. That must have been where Zeke had left, I knew he wouldn't have left me all alone if it wasn't for a reason.