26• The Plan

" The titan is approaching ! " one soldier screams out.

Suddenly I felt still, utterly locked in place - it's time, still thousands of thoughts are racing through my head as I try to focus on the task on hand.

" Mia! " Hange calls out to me, I go to her as we both stand ready in position.

" Are you afraid mi Moo? " Hange asks, though her voice was filled with seriousness, a tone I only heard during such times I can still feel her vibrating with excitement.

Freak

" Or do you not care~ " she sings, mocking me.

" shut up four eyes " I command, folding my arms. Which now I realize was a big mistake.

" Oh my beautiful titan baby! You're turning into shorty!! " she squeals, quickly the other cadets around us shush Hange - but it's not enough to stop her of course, i mean I'm the one with the ability but yet it seems her screams are louder than mine.

" Hange, shut it. " i flick her arms off me like mere flys as they drop to her side, a slight pout growing on her face.

Hange starts giggles profusely, I cock my head to the side eyeing the crazy scientist in front of me who I'd now call one my closest friends.

Strange how I came into the military not caring about anyone and here I am, caring about everyone just like promised I wouldn't.

But of course my mother just had to get her away, ' never stop smiling ' she said, and now here I am unable to stop the monstrosity growing on my face others call a 'smile '

I allow the smile to pass at how happy it made Hange seeing Levi and I mimic each other, but soon Hanges giggles come to a halt and she frowns at me

" Mia? " she asks, sorrow filling her voice.

" uh, what is it? " I swear it seems as though everybody changes their attitude quicker than Sasha eats bread.

" can you repeat the plan to me? " I raise my eyebrow at her, I know the plan and I'm sure she does too - she hasn't stopped speaking about it since Erwin planned it.

" Hange - " I begin to say but she cuts me off

" Mia, what is the plan? " she beams down to me , I furrow my brows at her

What's up with her ?

" Eren's going to t- " I begin to say

" No, say it faster! You should know it off by heart ! " she grips my shoulders aggressively.

" Okay okay! Eren transforms and then throws me into the- " I rush my self barely finishing each word as my mouth tries to keep up with my mind

" INTO THE WHAT? " she starts yelling at me, shaking my shoulders - my eyes widen not in fear but in a sudden desperation to get the hell out of there.

" into the titans mouth! And then i use my ability to implode the titan while exploding the bombs! " I finish rapidly.

She stares at me wide eyed -

" and then Mia? Tell me dammit! "

Confusion has completely covered my face, like a dark cloud blinding the sun - my eyes search her's as I desperately look for the answer she's so frantic to find.

" Hange, you know the plan - I don't unders- "

" Mia for fuck sake! Just tell me what happens after ! " her grip tightens on my shoulder and starts to hurt, I can feel the eyes of my comrades all watching us.

" Section commander, maybe you should- " Sasha tries to interject.

" Leave Braus! That's an order! " she yells back at Sasha, her eyes not leaving mine.

" Tell me Amelia! " she continues to yell.

" I-I go inside the titan and use my ability and once I have set off the bombs I use my ability once more to blast me out of there ! " I shut my eyes awaiting her wrath.

" and then? " she mumbles, her hands still attached to me.

" then Jean will catch me. " I finish. What's going on with her? Hanges breathing starts to dampen and she sinks but continues to leave her hands on my shoulders.

" and you are ? " she asks, she clumps up my shirt, holding it between her fingers.

" Hange, we have a missi- " I try to stop but she shakes me hard

" And you are?! " she yells to me

"I'm Mia? Hanges what's going on?" I ask, trying to pull myself away

" No! WHAT ARE YOU! " she screams to me

" I don't know what you want from me! "

" Mia! What are you!? " she yells again her face inches from mine and I can feel the terror radiating from her.

" a-Alive? " I stutter, Hanges eyes soften at my obvious confusion.

" Yes, so you better follow the plan Mia - Levi, he... " her hands don't drop from mine but instead her eyes move from me to the corporal, whose meters away - he probably hasn't even noticed this brutal exchange.

" he what? Hange. " I ask

What does Levi have to do with her acting so weird? I thought all it took was titans...

Her eyes return to mine, and her grip intensifies. " Mia.. " she trails off

" Levi, he's lost so many people and to be honest after Isabel, Furlen and even Petra... I didn't think he'd ever allow himself to love again. "

I squint my eyes at her, wanting her to continue - curious of what she has to say.

" but then you came along.. with your weird shirt thing and your terrible attitude and -"

Excuse me?

My attitude may be poor but my shirt looks great unlike theirs.

" - and you gave him light in his darkness, look I'm not good with words but Mia.. please don't break shorty, I mean you see how he holds his cups and it's all because one broke - " she continues, her eyes dropping down. I'm taken in by her words, utterly intrigued.

I gave him light.

" im scared if you die.. Levi will break and Mia, he can't hold himself like he can hold a cup. He- he can't - " she starts to choke back, tears steaming her glasses

" he can't live in the darkness again, at least now without you to be his light out. "

My heart tightens, and I all I want is to run to him.

I love him.

And I won't die.

Not today- not ever, because as long as Levi Ackerman's heart is beating so will mine.

——

Suddenly a loud roar echos through, and cracks  start growing throughout sending the rest of cadets stumbling to their feet.

" ITS HERE! THE TITAN HAS ENGAGED! "