31• Needed

" Answer me, cadet. " He calls to me. Though he's only meters away, I can barely hear a word he's saying as my mind is in shock. Here Erwin is questioning me but I don't even know the answer to his question.

I stare at my palms as though if I focused hard enough, the answer would just appear but of course all I see is nothing but calloused fingers. I hear footsteps approaching and by the sudden and might i add strong hand on my shoulder I know it's Erwin.

" Solera. Explain now. " He commands, i find the courage to look up at him but I soon dart my eyes away when I notice his apparent scowl.

" I don't know.. " I mutter, drifting my eyes back to the wreckage. Erwin follows my gaze and his mouth drops in awe at the damage I had caused.

" I didn't hear you scream? " he says, eyeing me. I let out a sigh as I cross my arms completely forgetting about why I'm out here in the first place. " I didn't. " I answer.

" Then care to explain? " he asks me but suddenly something else catches my attention. Right behind Erwin is Eren and Hange, both striding towards us.

Oh no.

" I- ah.. " i try to form the words but my accelerating heart and the growing footsteps makes it even harder to make a sound.

" I- i dont know and i don't really care so - gotta go! " I yell, running off in the opposite direction.

" Solera! Get back here! " I hear him call, but the adrenaline that now fills my body doesn't allow me to stop so instead I charge forward and away from the doomed fate that will soon no matter what, find me.

- Jeans POV -

" Have any of you seen Cadet Solera? " Erwin asks, striding into the mess hall. I shake my head as does the rest of the people in the mess hall which soon after causes shock and concern to cover the faces of my comrades.

" None of you have seen her? " he questions, raising his forest of an eyebrow. Again everyone shakes their heads with some even muttering no's. The commander sighs and exits the room.

" Jaeger, you have two seconds to tell me where she went before I kick your sorry ass! " I yell, getting up from my seat. The group just moans in annoyance but i can't care as my eyes are focused on the suicidal maniac and his - what is that? Oh my god is he bushing?

" Leave It Jean, Mia's okay - she always is. " Armin stares but I shrug my shoulder, scowling at Eren.

" Tell me Jaeger! " i say, drawing closer to him.

" I- i swear I don't know where she is! " he says,shooting his hands up in defense. Now I know somethings wrong. Eren Jaeger not jumping at the opportunity to fight? Either the world is ending or he knows more than he's letting on.

I head straight to the door already aware of where Mia probably is, but on the way out i hear Eren sigh as though he thought he was off the hook. The idiot, if there's one thing I know - one person I know it's Mia and I know that Mia wouldn't just disappear without a reason and I'm just hoping it's not what i think it is.

I rush outside and head for the trees that are a little further away from the castle. Stupidly I left my gear inside so I'll have to find her on foot.

" Mia! " I call out, by the now the sun has set and the darkness has started taking form leaving my chances of finding Mia slimmer by the second.

I try to search through the mini forest but fail to find her. I run my hand through my hair as I let out an annoyed huff then something catches my eye.

Through the darkness, a little glimpse of light shines through from the moon as it casts down on what I believe to be hair. Mia's hair.

I run up to her and pull her to face me, and though my face wore a smile - happy to have found my best friend, she held a heavy frown.

" Hey.. what's wrong? " I ask her, putting my hands on her shoulders. Mia just stares at me, with her lip slightly quivering. Her eyes appear glossy and somewhat puffy so I know she's been crying but why?

" J-Jean.. " she breaks. The tears start pouring from her eyes and my face is masked with confusion. Slowly I start to put the two together, from Eren acting strange to seeing Mia act even stranger - it wasn't to hard to take a guess.

" Mia, if he touched you I swear- " but I quickly stop myself because when I stare into her eyes, I see just how upset she is. The usual fire she carried was now nothing but a dimly lit candle. Now instead of confusion, concern covered my face.

I pull her into my arms, holding her tightly. She quickly melts into me and her once mere trembling lip has now erupted into loud sobs.

" Jean.. Levi's going to hate me.. " she cries into my shoulder and though I don't understand what she's talking about, I know enough to know that she needs me.

" I hear them over there! " someone yells out and suddenly footsteps sounding from all directions began to surround us.