70• A new enemy

Mia ran towards the crying, stopping immediately as she saw what laid before her.

Or more so, who.

"W...What the-"

And as all the eyes stared at her in pure, and utter horror. One did not. Instead, they were shut, and no light hit them any longer.

Mia's breath left her, her head aching as she tried to hold back the tears that so desperately wished to escape. She couldn't believe who laid before her, nor could she even bring herself to inhale as the nauseating smell of blood flooded her senses.

" Mia, turn around," Levi commanded, stepping towards her. But she couldn't bring herself to look to him.

" Sasha....Sasha-" She choked, her knees buckling as she attempts to near her old friends body. Mia's hands fall to Sasha's stomach, blood seeping through her fingers. She gawked at the sight, her lip quivering.

" Mia...maybe," Armin whispered, placing his hand on her shoulder. " Maybe rest a while longer, it's not good to be-"

She pushed his hand off her, turning back to him with tear stained cheeks. But, Mia held no sorrow, only rage. " Who did this?" She growled, her teeth gritted together.

The squad all looked to one another, concerned and confused on what to say. But Jean, he was just as furious. " Them." He pointed to a group of guards in the corner surrounding two kids.

Gabi and Falco.

Mia's eyes widened, her heart sinking at the sight of the perpetrators. Her friends, they had murdered Sasha. She stood up, curling her hands into fists.

She didn't know what to do, her mind swirled with memories of each. The days she spent stealing Sasha's food, and how she'd continuously chase her for it. The moments Gabi would come over, when Mia wasn't allowed to leave, and would braid her hair, and fill her in on the outside world.

Her heart swelled, an unbeknownst pain eating her out from the inside. She didn't know what to do, her chest ached and all she could feel was her own hatred for the people surrounding her.

With her hands clenched, she walked towards Gabi, a scowl painting her cheeks. Both she and Falco looked back up to her, sorrow resting in their eyes. " Hanna, we're sorry but I-" Gabi cried, she laid out her hand for Mia to take but, she slapped it away.

" My name is Mia, and i know you know that." Her voice calmed, but held a chill to it that even made Mikasa shudder.

She sounded too familiar, too old Mia. They looked closer at her, she truly hadn't changed a bit. And to make matters worse, Levi knew just how similar she was to her old self, as currently it was all she knew.

Mia hadn't gone through the change yet, her current demeanor would have still been in the realm of 'i dont care'. Though, she seemed far happier than how she normally would have responded.

It was confusing, and uncertain. She seemed to be an odd mix between who she was and who she is. And it was clear that Mia struggled with it too.

Her fists continuously opened and closed, each time leaving the marks from where her nails had indented her skin left visible.

" Han-" Falco stopped himself, "Mia, what are you doing with them? Come on, use your titan form! Get us out of here!"

She felt her stomach flip, as her eyes darted between her new and old friends. Mia didn't think she'd have to choose, but in the moment, she was clearly able to distinguish the difference between them.

Good and bad, wrong from right.

The questioned she had to ask herself was which they each fit in to. She wanted to rescue Falco and Gabi, they were merely kids. But they were kids who had murdered for the pure sake of bringing death.