7• Outside The Walls

" Mia, they're here!! " Eren yells, grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards the stables. We both run outside, and meet the faces of Mikasa, Armin, Jean and a few others.

" Mia! " Jean calls, running up to me - pulling me into a massive bear hug. I groan, but accept the hug - struggling to hide the slight smile developing, it's almost seems like the past month here has made it easier for me to be.. well, Normal.

" I missed you, stupid. " he says, I grin a little - releasing myself from his grip, and look to Mikasa, Armin who seems to be grinning widely at me - well, not Mikasa but I can tell she wants too.

" Hey. " I say, to the two. Armins smile only grows wider, as he comes and hugs me too in which Mikasa joins, forming one big group hug.

" Guys, I have to.. I have to tell you two something. " Jean begins, his eyes growing solemn.  The rest of the group suddenly quiets down - probably aware of what's he going to tell us.

" Marco.. Marcos dead. "

Erens mouth gapes open, but I remain still, not sure what to say. Marco didn't mean much to me, but he was always a friendly face. Though he didn't exactly have an influence on my life, Jean does and I know how close the two were.

I bring my hand to Jeans shoulder, finding it hard to keep it there considering my height.

" You're Okay? " I ask, finding even that hard to say.

He nods at me, grabbing the hand on his shoulder and squeezing it. Silence fills the air, for a bit as Eren doesn't say anything - he just stares. So thankfully, Sasha changes the subject.

" So are you guys in Captain Levi's squad? " Sasha asks, both Eren and I nod.

" Wait, is he the short one? " Mikasa asks, looking rather displeased. I roll my eyes at her,knowing fully what she says is true but I still find it somewhat bothering.

" Hey careful, Mia may get mad! " Eren laughs, nudging my side. I elbow him hard and he groans a little, I look up to my friend and notice how confused they seem by Eren's statement.

Now they're gonna suspect something..

" Well, I'm gonna squish that midget, the first time I see him. " Mikasa growls, and I roll my eyes.

" I gotta go finish something, bye. " I say, walking off to the sound of Eren already defending Levi's honor.

——— - The Gate - ———

As I sit on my horse, I survey my surroundings, Since the special operations squad resides in the center of the formation - it gives my eyes plenty of space to wonder too.

" Solera, you remember the orders given? "

I roll my eyes, as his gaze furrows onto me - now I regret having my horse placed in the front, next to his.

" Yep. " I reply.

He nods back at me, turning back to the front.
" Are you ready, Mia? " Petra calls, a grin plastering across her face. I look to her, and the rest of the squad and find myself becoming joyful as I reminisce about the little memories we share.

And though I'd never tell a soul - I pray, I pray that they'll live another day.

and with that, the gates open and the expedition begins.

——— Time Skip ———

Our horses gallop through the plains towards a forest, a place where we weren't meant to go into.