Thirty Nine

*Your POV*

Shoto and Bakugou has been training hard to work their way through their extracurricular classes every now and then, often returning home worn from the day. They'd usually head straight to bed afterward. It was due to his overworked state that I had yet to visit his mother with him. He was far too exhausted to do much outside of his classes. Occasionally I'd find Shoto dead to the world in my bed but I didn't mind. It was cute.

It was as though we had a silent agreement with the small things we did in our relationship. We didn't have a need to discuss certain things like public affection or bed sharing. It was as though our minds were in sync and we knew how the other felt about such topics.

Shoto wandered into my room late one evening as I was seated at my desk typing away on my laptop. I glanced over to my door and did a double take, pulling both of my earbuds from my ears, standing abruptly. He was covered in bruises and scrapes.

"What happened?" I asked concerned.

"We had to battle our teachers. It was rough." He plonked down on my bed as I opened my bottom drawer of my desk. He watched me as I pulled out a white box and knelt before him.

"I mean you'd think they'd at least patch you up before you left." I clicked my tongue and opened the lid to the first aid kit. After wiping his wounds with antibacterial wipes I grabbed some antiseptic cream and gently smudged it on a large graze on his cheek.

I dabbed the dry blood from the bridge of his nose and the other cut cheek before I stuck cotton patches on his worse injuries and a bandaid on the less important ones.

"It looks like I'm down to patterned bandaids, I don't have any plain ones left. You don't mind smiley faces do you?" I asked as I gave a small laugh. He shook his head vaguely and I peeled the paper of the sticky sides.

Once he was fixed up I put the rubbish in a tiny bin under my desk and put my supplies away.

"I didn't know you were such a good nurse (y/n)." He commented. My tail flicked stiffly. A small memory flooded my mind of myself having to bandage myself after an incident in the group home.

I forced a smirk as I turned back to him. "I'm great at loads of things. Why are you so surprised?" I chuckled lightly.

He smiled back. "I'm not surprised. I just learn more and more about you each day." He replied. "Like the fact that you can purr."

I blushed a dark shade of red. My entire face steamed. "W-What?!"

"Well that's what it sounded like at least. I turned over to hug you last night and I couldn't tell if you were snoring or purring." He smirked. "It was adorable."

I covered my face with my hands and turned away. "I do not purr!" I insisted. "And I don't snore either. Ochaco would've told me."

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about." He chuckled as he laid down and turned over under the blankets. "If you're purring it means you're happy right? If you're happy then that's a good thing."

I sat back at my desk to finish my homework as I responded. "I still refuse to believe it."

The next day we returned to school and it was Shoto's first class in a while. Even though most of the class had a suspicion that we were a couple, Mina still had a little crush on Shoto and quite honestly I was fine with it. She flipped out when she saw the multiple bandaids on his face. Especially the smiley face one.

When lunch came around I was curious and decided to ask Ochaco the question on my mind.

"Hey, do I snore?"