Twenty Four

*Your POV*

It was time for our training camp to begin. We were all gathered outside the school and class B was also there. This blonde headed jerk began babbling about how we must be pretty stupid to have to take extra courses but was quickly quietened down by a girl with orange hair.

"Attention class A! Our bus is here! Everyone line up in seating order." Iida called out to us. We did as we were told and filed into the bus. I had the pleasure of sitting beside Bakugou on the back seat. On the other side however, Shoto was there so it wasn't too bad. Next to Bakugou was Kirishima so hopefully he could keep him preoccupied for the trip.

"This sucks." I mumbled before yawning as the bus took off. Everyone was being very loud but Shoto and I had the same idea of putting some music on. "I'm taking a nap."

*Todoroki's POV*

I watched as the eyes of the girl next to me slowly closed and her body relaxed. I turned my attention out the window. 'She must not have gotten much sleep last night.' I thought to myself as I listened to the music through my earphones. We were scheduled to be on the bus for a little over an hour so it was good that she had gone to sleep so quickly.

The bus hit a bump in the road. "Hey what the hell are you doing you damn cat?!" I heard Bakugou growling and looked his way. Her head had fallen on his shoulder after hitting the pothole.

"She's asleep." I said simply before wrapping an arm over her shoulders and pulling her upright. "So be quiet." Her head then plonked onto my shoulder.

"Stupid scar face." He muttered and (y/n)'s tail flicked him in the eye before falling across her lap. Even in her sleep she was seemingly as vigilant as always. This made me smile to myself. I couldn't move my arm back into position so I left it hanging over her.

I noticed the girls a few seats down turn around with their phones, grinning ear to ear. I watched the screen of (y/n)'s phone light up with a message from her brunette friend that read 'adorable'.

I sighed and looked out the window again. I had visited my mother quite frequently after the sports festival and I'd told her a lot about (y/n). I had talked about the others too but not as much as her. I said that she was the first real friend I'd ever had and that she accepted me and everyone else for who they were.

But since the second to last time I'd visited, her words had been stuck in my head. After talking about the girl again she smiled at me and said "it really sounds like you love this girl." I had blushed visibly at her words and tried to explain that wasn't the case we were just very close friends but she laughed and said alright.

Ever since then I couldn't stop thinking about it. It would explain why I felt lonely when she left after spending the day together at school and why I was annoyed when the other boys spoke to her. That might've been the reason why I felt so adamant to protect her and why I worried when she was injured. It was probably why I got so mad at Mineta when he had spouted such lewd comments about (y/n)'s body.

'Do I love her? I don't really know what that feels like. I don't remember much love from my childhood besides the comfort my mother brought to me. Then again, (y/n) is just like that. Maybe I do.' I pondered as I gazed at her peaceful features. The fluffy ears on top of her head tickled my cheek, especially when they twitched occasionally.

It took a while before the bus pulled into an empty area for our first stop. I gently shook the girl next to me awake and she looked at me with a sleepy gaze.

"What is it Spicy?" She asked as she balled her fists and rubbed her eyes.

"We're stopping. Mr Aizawa told us all to get off the bus." I informed her.