Fifteen

*Your POV*

I walked out and up the stairs to the platform. Tokoyami stood opposite me. I took a deep breath and glanced at the sky above me. Just my luck a bunch of clouds had obstructed the sun. Our names were announced and I awaited the instruction to start. It soon came and my rival instantly summoned his quirk that came flying forward to attack. I ducked under it as I glided low to the ground. I managed to get close to him and threw a punch. He caught it.

I used my other hand to grab his torso and I changed the one that he had a hold of so that I was grasping his forearm. I tossed him over my shoulder from my crouching position. He rolled but got up straight away as he attacked again. I evaded it and quickly ran around him. His shadow protected his back so I needed to find another opening. The dark spirit seemingly chased me.

An idea popped into my head. I skidded and quickly changed direction. I ran around him twice and his quirk followed. Tokoyami was bound foolishly by his own power. Though it could still attack and defend, it didn't have time to focus on unwinding from him.

I dashed forward and ducked to one side as the bird like being went for me. I popped up and performed a roundhouse kick as I enveloped my body with metal. The sun had come back and the glare reflected off of my arm into the eyes of the spiritual creature. My shin made contact with Tokoyami's torso under the dark shadow. With the speed and sheer force of the muscles in my body, he was propelled across the stage and far out of bounds. His back hit the wall and he fell to the floor.

"Holy crap! That girl is seriously strong! I've never seen someone kick a person that far out of the ring! Is it part of her quirk or is it all that hard earned muscle?" Present Mic yelled excitedly.

"Tokoyami was forced out of bounds. (L/n) moves on to the semi finals." Midnight announced. There was a loud applause.

'Oh great... now I'm going to have to face either Bakugou or Kirishima, the latter being unlikely. No. I shouldn't be nervous. I've come this far. Then again Shoto is versing Iida next. If I do somehow beat Bakugou I'm going to have to fight one of them, again the latter being the unlikeliest rival.' I closed my fist tightly and stared at it as I walked inside. 'Remember why I'm here. I'm going to give it my all for real this time. If I win then I'm going to have to face Shoto but by that time Bakugou might've worn me out so he'll win easily. If I don't then that's okay. I've made it to this stage and that's alright with me. Regardless of what the outcome might be I won't hold back.'

I returned to the stands and watched the match between Bakugou and Kirishima. The red head was doing well and Bakugou was going defensive mode rather than attack. Kirishima eventually got worn out and Bakugou destroyed him in the end.

"Well (l/n), are you nervous?" Kaminari asked.

"Yeah a little bit. I mean it's Bakugou. He's ruthless." I mumbled. "But that doesn't mean squat to me. It just means I'm going to have to be just as cunning and rough as he is. I've been holding out all day, reserving my strength. If I have to use the last of it in this fight then I won't hesitate. I will not hold back." I declared.

My classmates all looked at me and were taken back by my determination.

"Even though you might end up winning and have to fight your boyfriend?" Tsu tilted her head.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I growled as they all laughed. I sighed and giggled along with them. "Besides he still has to defeat Iida to make it to the final. Speaking of which, their match will be starting soon."

We waited for Iida and Shoto to walk on stage. They stood analysing each other before the fight started. Shoto used long ranged ice attacks again and Iida dodged out of the way. He used a long jump to evade a third attack and brought his foot down in a powerful kick.