She Will Be Okay

El's POV.

When the ambulance arrived, we stuck behind. Waiting for them to take care of Mike. He was awake and speaking. They helped him to the board and carried him to the ambulance. I was taken in as well due to my leg. They wanted to check if my wound wasn't infected. I was worried about Noah, but i had good friends that said they would take him to the hospital. I told them to take him to Hopper.

"You sure?" Kali asked.

"Hopper knows what to do. Please." I plead. She nods as the doors begin to close one at a time. When the doors shut, Mike was gasping. "Mike?" I called.

"Noah?" He spoke.

"He is okay." I answer.

"Yes." I answer. As the ambulance started its engine and placed the siren on, all I thought about was Noah. How brave he was to take it down? I just know that Mike will ask about this and he will find out eventually if I don't tell him. He might agree that it was a right thing to do. Although this would cause problems to Noah's well being. My poor baby protecting us adults. He's such a brave little boy.

-

Author's POV.

As Hopper rushed to the hospital to meet El and Mike with Noah, he pushed his way through the crowded reception. A lady stopped him to let him sign in.

"Please move. My daughter is in here." Hopper argued.

"What is her name?" The woman asks.

"El Hopper." He says. She looks at the board on the front desk and nods, ticking it off.

"Room 44." Hopper take Noah by the hand and headed to the room. They went left, another left, right and another left again to come to room 44. As Hopper pushed through the door without hestiation  Hopper looked and saw Mike.

"What the hell?" Hopper speaks.

"Hey!" Mike says smiling. Noah ran towards his dad in an excitable mood.

"What the hell is El?" Hopper asks rudely.

"I don't know they won't let me see her. She was awake in the ambulance and when we got here, she passed out." Hopper started shaking his head.

"What's wrong with mummy?" Noah asks adorably. He didn't understand adult talk but didn't understand what was happening.

"Mummy is fine."

"How do you know? For all we know, she could be lying dead on the bed."

"Please...." Mike started.

"GRANDAD! Daddy is talking. Mommy was finding the fight difficult and I helped them both. It is not daddy's fault!" Noah shouted at Hop. Hop sat down as tears appeared in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." He scoffed. "I...uh...don't want to lose her." Noah came forward to Hop and held his hand.

"We miss mommy too, we need to be on each other's side when she comes too." Noah knew exactly what he was talking about and a boy his age would never fully understand the condition but he knew that family means a strong bond between one another if they all have faith that El would come through.

As a nurse entered.

"Oh sorry, didn't know you had visitors." She spoke.

"Please, how is El?" Mike asked.

"El Hopper?" She asks.

"Yes." Hopper stands up and answers.

"She has had a scan and her wound was infected." The most horrible news hit like a ton of brick.

"But is she alive?" Mike asked.

"She's breathing." She answers. "Whereas you have very healthy to go. I suggest you head home and rest and take these whenever you get a pain in your back." The nurse handed a box of ibuprofen to Mike. She left the room with the men to deal with the news that El's life is in danger.

"Daddy?" Noah came forward to Mike's bedside.

"She will be okay." He spoke. He looked away in disbelief. If El pulls through this, the world can be at piece. Free of monsters and a happy family to go home.