Reunited

Author's POV.

The group had finally arrived in Hawkins. After a weird moment at the Lab. They all headed into town. Looking out the window to see empty shops and empty Street.

El and Mike exchange looks. Scared that something happened to the town when they left.

El used her telecom to get through to the gang. No response.

"Hello! Anyone hear us. Come in, over!" El spoke into the telecom.

Mike turned his head to El. El stared into space before turning to Mike. Shaking her head.

"You guys sure they're here." Ricky asked.

"They should be." Mike answered.

"What if...."

"They're not coming to that." Ricky jumped in stopping Marcy.

"Okay." Marcy responded. The whole car went silent. Everyone scared and terrified of what may be come of the fight.

As they approached El's home, the trees were different. They seemed crushed by something big. El climbed out the Car and stopped. Mixed emotions rushed over face. As Mike approached El. Noah ran to his mom and looked at his home.

"Home!" He spoke. "Grandad?" He looked up as El turned to Mike.

"Don't worry El. He will be okay." Mike reassured.

"It might be true. Your sister goes missing and I haven't heard a word from Hop. What if he is...."

"Don't think like that. I may of lost my little sister." Mike tried to stop his tears from streaming. "Don't give up hope." As El went forward, a yell was heard. The pair and the group look as they saw someone waving their arms. El turned, frowning in confusion.

"Is that...."

"Steve!" Mike responded. El turned back to Mike and then to Steve. As he was getting closer the group got out the Car and stood around as he approached.

"I'm glad you're here." He looks at the new people as he looks to the couple. "Who are these?" He asks.

"We're helping defeat the monsters." Ricky says.

"Monsters? No there's one and it has nearly ruined Hawkins. We need your help El." Steve asked.

"They have abilities too. They're here to help." Mike looked to El as she was not mentioning the one person closes to her who she was not going to get involved.

"Great. Come with us." Steve told the group. They all went ahead. kali just behind as she was watching the couple.

"El?" Mike mention.

"Mike, I couldn't. It's not safe. I love Noah to death but he isn't sacrificing himself for me." El had a guilt look on her face as she knew he was more experience and powerful than El herself.

"Let's go into this together." El grabbed Mike's hand in hers and they took off. Noah went along with the group and Kali had just caught up. Pretending she didn't hear what the couple were talking about.

Soon it would be dark before they face to face with the beast itself. The mindflyer. Also known as 001.