Carry To Safety

Eleven's POV.

I was carried to safety. We had our bags and the car to escape. We had to drive as the place we were hiding wasn't safe. Ricky read through the book as he tried to form the bomb. Kali driving. I'm in the back with Mike, Marcy and Noah. Ricky sat next to Kali as she drive away. Checking the mirror as she drove 50 miles down the road.

"Slow down Kali!" Mike roared.

"WE HAVE TO ESCAPE! IF IT FINDS US AND GETS US WE ALL WILL BE DEAD!" Kali had a point. I held onto Mike as his arm wrapped round my shoulder. Hugging me close to his chest. I panted and winced in pain. I grabbed Mike's hand and tried to keep myself awake. He looked at me and kissed my head.

"It will be over soon." He whispered to me. Hope so.

-

I was carried through the metal steel doors. We found another warehouse that protect us for now but one thing we needed the bomb to work.

"Right! Here! We can do it here. Marcy you come with me, Kali you stay here and you three...." He aimed at me, Mike and Noah. "Just.....stay!" He walks off ahead taking Marcy with him. Kali turned to us and slapped her arms down.

"Now what?" She asked as a rhetorical question.

-

I held Noah close to me. He was tired but he couldn't sleep. I messed with his hair as I tried to get him to sleep. Kali had snacks on her from the cafe and gave us a snack each. I let Noah have his first. The youngest must stay strong. Mike sat down with his elbows on his knees. Tears in his eyes.

"Mike?"

"I'm fine." He wipes his eyes and smiles.

"You need to be honest. Friends don't lie remember?" I reminded him.

"Oh... Yeah. I guess I'm worried it won't work."

"It won't work if you don't believe. We have to put our faith in it. Please for me." I beg Mike. He moves closer and puts his arm round my shoulder. Hugging me close. Noah eating his snack. I digged into mine and lucky it was my favourite. Eggos waffles. It was cold. I guess it will have to do.

-

Ricky came back and discussed the plan of the bomb. He told us he would have to get it close to make it work. But it won't be the last time he will mention the bomb to me.

I took myself out the warehouse and had a breather. I walked around whilst aching in pain. I was looking at the night sky as I was thinking of my life. How it all came to this moment right here.

Just as I was enjoying the peaceful air I heard the door open. I turned behind and there was Marcy. She smiled and shut the door.

"Hey!" She said with a wave. I nod. We stand apart but looking forward. It was dead outside. It was silence for a bit but I felt like Marcy had something to say. "Um....El!" I turn to her."This all seems a bit much, don't you think?" She says.

"You didn't have to follow us. You could of stayed." I told her.

"No! I didn't mean that...  Just.....my I didn't think it would be this hard to kill it. The theories about this monster is true. Maybe someone of somewhere out there imagine these beast and somehow let them free." I turn to her.

"What do you mean?"

"I read stories about the lab. They had test subjects and before they tested on students. Two white woman, a guy and a black woman. I saw their photo and I kind of recognised a woman." I turn fully towards her. She dug inside her pocket and passed me the paper. I look at the paper and to her before opening the paper. A picture. I look at it once or twice but then I realised.

My mother was apart of that group. I look up at Marcy.

"I guess your mom took part of the experiment. There was a woman named Alice, another named Gloria and the man was Ken. Then another woman, Terry Ives. Your mom?" I look up and nod.

"Turns out she saw one of us and that person still remembers here." I look confused at her.

"Who?" I asked.

"Kali?" I look up and think. Kali was older than me and she never spoke about it to me. Was Kali hiding something.

---------------------

So Ive been reading suspicious minds and reading the back story of Terry Ives. Trying to work Eleven's family into this to make the story more realistic and may uncover something about El. It may take me a while to come to a conclusion about this story but I am planning and taking my time. When I get to the end of the stranger things book I should be able to finish this one. Its not yet over.....