I Have an Idea

Author's POV.

It had been an hour since they left Hawkins. El was silently crying as Mike was driving along the dark lonely roads. Noah had fallen asleep in the back. Mike would tend to look behind him in the review mirror. Looking back at Noah and smiling. He looked to the road and El moved slightly making Mike turn his attention to her.

"Hey. Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine." She said as she was wiping away the last remaining tear.

"You will see him again. It won't be forever." Mike reassured her.

"How can you know that? We don't know where we're going or how we're gonna survive out there with no money." Mike didn't respond but he knew he had everything. There was nothing to worry about.

"Well, we do have one thing with us." He muttered.

"What?" El asked. Mike turned his attention to El. Staring intensely. El turns to the road. "MIKE!" Mike turns to the road and jerks the vehicle to the right side of the road. Mike started panting. Noah suddrnly woke up.

"Mommy! I'm hungry!" Noah cried.

"Don't worry, baby. I'm sure we can find somewhere to eat at 2 in the morning." El turned to Mike. Not happy with how he handled his driving.

-

They parked their car as a cafe open 24 hours was open. Noah got some snacks and drinks for the road. And Mike was calling his sister. He had no signal as he was far from his hometown.

"Why won't she answer." Mike groaned in anger.

"Because you're using a telecom. It doesn't work from far away. I thought you knew that." El stated.

"Well if the world invented wireless phones we wouldn't be in this mess." Mike argued. El didn't answer. She helped Noah into the car. Shuttjng the door and walking up to Mike.

"Don't yell at me in front of Noah. If Noah picks up on our arguing he could become affected."

"By what?"

"I don't bad behaviour. We don't know Noah's abilities yet. We don't know what he can handle and what he can't. So please, for Noah's sake. Stop arguing." El walked to the passengers side and got in. Mike nodded and got in the drivers side.

Mike started the car and drove off. Not a word spoken between them. Noah looked between his parents as they headed down the long Street.

Bars, shops and restaurants all about. No motels near by. El was beginning to get tired.

"Mommy?" Noah called.

"Yes Noah." El answers.

"Don't be mad at Daddy. It's not his fault." El turned in her seat. Noah nodded at El. Mike looking into his review mirror at Noah and the road.

"Okay sweetie." El smiles and looks to the road. She noticed the street before. She saw the signs and shops. "Wait! Stop! Mike!" Mike pulled over by the side and El looked out the window. Yes! It is!

"What's wrong?" Mike asks.

"I know this neighbourhood. I was here years ago when I came to visit...." El stopped in mid sentence.

"What?" Mike asked, rushing El to finish her sentence.

"My sister. 8. She lives round here." El turned to Mike. Mike started the car and pulled out. If they were lucky enough, they would find a motel and have a room for the night and be up nice and fresh tomorrow to find 8. And which they did find a motel.

They all booked a room and rested their heads. El hardly slept and Noah was fast asleep. Mike was showering and then bed. El kept up all night trying to find her sister. Ways to track her without a picture. It was hard. She needed a photo. One photo.

El eyed her bag and she knew she kept her history books and wouldn't part without it. She would find Kali if it was the last thing she did.

Unplanned (Eleven's Pregnancy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें