Where else would Harry go?

Suddenly, an idea dawned on me.

"Go to the park." I told Zayn, remembering the day that Harry and I walked the trail down to the river. It was unlikely, but maybe he was down there. He seemed to enjoy the privacy when we were there. Like I said, it was unlikely but it was all that I could think of.

Zayn didn't question why Harry would go there, and continued to drive. When we arrived, I quickly got out of the car and led Zayn down the trail.

"You two have been here before?"

"Yeah. It's where he first really had a conversation with me." I replied as we walked quickly.

"And if we see him, what do we say?" he asked me as if I knew. I paused. I knew Harry didn't like being confronted.

"Let me talk to him, and I'll wave you over if I need you." I figured that if Harry saw one of his male friends he might feel humiliated or something, and not want to talk. He probably wouldn't want to talk to me either, but it was worth a shot. After his kind attitude the past day or so, except for last night, maybe he would start to open up with me a little.

We reached the river and I continued to walk further along the side of it. Then, I heard someone throwing a rock into the water and whisper something under their breath.

"I'll wait here." Zayn whispered. I nodded and continued, moving around a bunch of small trees and weeds. Then, I saw him standing at the river bank. I tried to be quiet, but he heard my foot slide against the broken rock.

I winced. Why do I have to be so clumsy?

"What the fuck are you doing here?" he said angrily. I was afraid of him, but I couldn't leave him.

"What are you doing here?" I countered.

He scowled at me and then returned his gaze to the water. It flowed down over the rocks softly, creating a soft splashing sound.

"Stop pushing me away." I broke the silence. "I stuck around this long despite your act, I obviously want to be here for you. Why won't you let me?"

As I said the words, I realized how little he had ever let me in. I barely knew him, why did I try so hard to talk to him constantly?

He kicked a rock into the river and then pushed a few stray hairs away from his forehead. Then, he leaned his legs back against a rock that was behind him.

"You can't keep doing this." I told him, raising my voice slightly in an attempt to get through to him.

Harry's eyes narrowed but then widened and he sat down against the rock but he still didn't acknowledge me at all.

"Harry?"

"Shut up!" he shouted suddenly and placed his hands over his ears. I looked closely and noticed that he was shaking slightly. His breathing started to quicken.

"Zayn!" I cried in panic. I didn't know if Harry was having some sort of anxiety attack, but whatever it was seemed severe.

Zayn ran over quickly. He looked down at Harry who's eyes were now shut tightly. For some reason, Zayn appeared to be unphased. "This started happening a while ago, before he went into rehab for the first time. After that, they got even worse. But it's never happened anywhere except at home. He seemed okay from what I heard for a week or so. I really hoped he was doing better." He sighed.

"Rehab?" I asked. What was he talking about?

"Oh, I'm sorry... I assumed you knew. I-"

"No it's okay. How do we help him?" I dropped the matter quickly, not wanting to invade Harry's privacy. It was for him to tell me if he ever wanted to, not one of his friends.