Chapter 8 - Better than expected

Start from the beginning

"Oh... i guess they didn't want to make you worry." She said as i moved away, giving her space.

"I know, but... she's still my grandma you know. It's normal for me to be worried, isn't it?" She proceeded to also draw a strike. "Oh, you're good."

"Hehe. thanks." She giggled. "Just pray that she'll be okay, oppa. Don't think about bad stuffs. It's bad for your health."

"I don't know, Yuri-ah." I took the ball as it goes up the rail. "I just want to be there. By her side."

I stopped for a moment as i reminisced the old times. Everytime i was sick, she's always there to take care of me. Feeding me by the bed, for example.And this time, i want to be there by her side. Even though i still can see her a few times, but it just doesn't feel enough.

"Oppa." She called snapping me back to reality. "Just believe that she'll be fine. Don't think of the bad things that might happen and just enjoy the moment as much as you can, okay? I'm sure your grandma doesn't want you to be sad all the time. I haven't met her, but i'm sure she's a wonderful woman." She got up from her seat and stood in front of me.

"For example, like what we're doing now. We're having fun right now, aren't we?" I nodded to her question.

"That's great then. I also don't want to see you sad, oppa. So please, smile for me?" She said, as  she looked around making sure that no one is observing us, and took off my mask. She puts her fingers on  both of the edge of my mouth, and turned my frown into a smile.

"See? You're smiling now! Hehe!" She laughed. I can't see her laugh behind the mask, but seeing that eye smile is already enough to make my mood better, even for a bit.

"Thanks, Yuri-ah. You're the only one who can make me like this." I said to her as i put my mask back on. I'm glad that i'm hanging out with her at the moment.

"So, oppa. If you ever have anything bugging you, just talk to me. I'll be there for you, listening to your worries." Her saying that made me feel a bit relieved. At least there's one more person i can talk about this stuff to other than Hyunjin.

"Sure. I've already planted it in my mind. That goes to you also, Yuri. If you have anything bugging you, talk to me." She nodded, as she stared at me throwing the bowling ball to another strike.

"Woah..." She clapped, amazed at my strike. "Don't worry oppa. Even if there's nothing in my mind, i'll be sure to look for something to talk to you. Also, don't forget. You promised to tell me when you're going to visit your grandma, oppa."

"I won't"

___________

Chaeyeon's POV

"Chaeryeong-ah. Are you okay with the fact that Yuri likes Y/N? He's your ex, right?" I asked to my sister who was eating an ice-cream parfait. We're hanging out together since we both didn't have any schedule today.

"It's okay, unnie." She said while taking another bite from the ice cream. "I want to try and get his heart back. Since we broke up in a weird manner."

My eyes widened to her sudden determination. "Are you for real right now? Are you sure he wants go get back with you? Because he seems to like Yuri too."

"I know." She took her spoon down. "But i'll try to do whatever i can. I don't want to give up just like this."

I sighed in disbelief. My groupmate and my sister going at it for a man? Oh, Y/N....

"Whatever. But just don't come crying to me if you lost the war." I warned her about the risk that she's gonna take.

"Don't worry, unnie. I won't."

__________

Y/N's POV

"Let's go with the cafe you showed me earlier, Yuri-ah. That place seems fun." I gestured her to lead me the way as i followed her from behind. Her small figure walking in front of me makes me want to hug her from behind. But there're a few possible outcomes. She might be startled, slapped me, and cause a scene making us compromised. Or, she could accept the hug. Which is a good thing. Or she might hate me. But i know that i won't take the risk. Let's just take things slow. The moment i'm having with her right now is already wonderful enough.

"Let's sit over there, oppa!" She points to a spot in the corner, so we won't stick out.

"Good thinking."

We both sat down, and soon a waiter came giving us the menu. I gave her a simple thank you as she left us alone.

"We should order first, Yuri-ah." She hummed in response as she flips the pages on the menu. I tried to focus and read the menu, but i can't. Due to the fact that i can't believe i'm sitting here now at this moment with her. All of this, from just getting to knew each other the previous day. What kind of progress is this? It feels as if all of this is just a dream.

"Oppa, have you or-... oppa? S-stop staring..." She said shyly while putting her hair around her ear, making me snap back. I didn't realize i was staring at her.

"O-Oh, sorry. *cough*" I turned my attention back to the menu flipping through the pages. Nothing seems to pique my interest, so i just ordered a mango smoothie.  I called the waiter to give our order. After we were done, i said to her.

"So... let's get started."

____________

???

Who is that guy?? Just take off your stupid coat and mask, you....!!

I thought to myself, as i sat not far from them.

Let's just observe....

____________

Imagine. Having a date with Yuri.

Peace🤙