Chapter 51 - Side Plans and Reunions Part 2: Return to the Wave

(The day after the Battle of the Legendary Three......)

Naruto woke up with a light yawn. He lightly winced as the bright sunlight invaded his peripheral. He had to blink a few times before his eyes became adjusted to the new lighting.He looked around and saw that he was in a different hotel room that was double bedded like the last one. He saw Jiraiya's traveling bag sitting on the desk table and deduced that he was in their room.

He looked out the window and saw that it was late noon. He pushed the covers off himself and swung his legs over his bed. It was at this moment that he noticed that he was wearing a fresh set of clothing. He wondered who changed him. Hopefully they didn't see too much. He honestly wasn't in the mood for any interrogation at the moment. He hopped out of the bed and stood to stretch. He heard a few bones pop and his muscles rejected the pull, causing him to groan.

Once he got his body to loosen up, he found his travel bag and took it to the bathroom. Ten minutes later, he came out fully refreshed and walked toward the window to open it. He waited a few minutes until a black bird landed on the sill. And then, it dispersed.

Naruto closed his eyes as he received his clones memories. When he finally opened his eyes, the boy smirked and closed the window.

"Well I'll be damned." he said to no one. "Looks like granny can really deal out some damage when she's serious. She handed Orochimaru his ass on a silver platter." he chuckled.

A clone appeared beside him as he turned to it. As much as he wanted to fully review what happened and what has been happening, he had something else to do that was more important. The clone in front of him looked back at him expectantly. It was one of his more durable clones that he created. One of his special clones if you may.

"You already know what to do." Naruto said.

The clone nodded and hopped back into bed, resuming his former position on the bed. While clone went back to sleep for him, Naruto transformed into a taller, cloaked figure with a white mask. He gave his clone one last glance before phasing out of existence. He had a lot to do today and it was already late.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto stood in a wooded clearing on the far outskirts of Tanzaku Gai. He was no longer transformed and was now wearing black shinobi pants with a shirt and sandals under a hooded cloak. He wore a bandanna over his head and black finger-less gloves. He looked up at the sky and saw that it was darkening. He hummed as he bit his thumb and went through a few hand seals before slamming his hand on the ground.

Marking appeared on the ground before a cloud of smoke covered the area. When the smoke abated, a giant scroll resided in the middle of the clearing. Naruto unrolled it and lied it on the ground before he turned to stare at the treeline. Minutes later, a few clones dashed into the clearing, all henged into different people and holding large scrolls.

It took nearly an hour until all of his clones that he had sent out privy to this day reported to him and brought their earnings before dispelling. By the time it was all over, Naruto's giant scroll was nearly stuffed with other scrolls and bags. He was re-rolling and closing the scroll with another cloaked figure appeared in the clearing. He could already tell who it was based off their chakra signature and he lightly smiled as he turned to face the figure. The giant scroll beside him poofed out of existence, earning a raised eyebrow from the newcomer.

"It's done." the cloaked figure spoke.

Naruto nodded. "Thank you, Seiji." he said. "I appreciate it. Really."