Chapter 42 - The Race for Tsunade

Shizune sighed as her sensei sat in front of the Pachinko machine and entered some chips in the slot. Here she was, spending the last of her money at the slot machine room instead of focusing on how she was going to pay her debtors back. Despite of her obvious disapproval for her shishō's gambling habits, she couldn't help but hold Ton-Ton close to her in anticipation as she watched as the reels continued to spin.

"Seven, seven, seven...." Shizune chanted anxiously.

She continued to chant until the numbers stopped. Tsunade gasped in surprise as she looked at the screen disbelieving. She blinked for a moment while Shizune cheered behind her.

"Here it comes!" she said excitedly as money fell from the coin dispenser box.

"Congratulations to the customer!" the speaker began to boom. "Fever has started on machine number 44. Now, please keep on getting it out like a flood!"

"Lady Tsunade, a rare thing does happen once in a while." Shizune said with an eye smile.

Tsunade just continued to stare at the screen. "A 3-7 for me?" she said to no one in particular.

The Sannin then narrowed her eyes. "Hm." she said as she collected her money before trying again.

Try after try, Tsunade kept winning. After a while, her winnings began to stack and the next thing she knew, she had six bins stacked full of silver currency. People began to crowd around her machine, watching in slight awe at the amount of wins the woman was receiving on the machine. And Shizune was just as giddy as ever.

"Oh wow, lady." someone commented.

"Yeah, what a great work." another said. "Wish I could be favored by good fortune too."

"Oh, here it comes again!"

"Here it comes again!"

"Wow she's on a roll!"

"Lady Luck must be kind to her."

"Yay....it's 'fever' again!"

The audience continued to comment and mutter to each other. Their words fell on deaf ears as Tsunade continued to stare at the machine as it continued to cough up money. 'A person like me pulls a big hit like this.....it's illogical.' she thought with a furrowed burrow. 'I have a bad premonition....' She continued to play the slot machine until she eventually grew tired of playing.

After pocketing the shitload of money she won, she went to the next gambling game - the Pinball machine. The same thing happened there, much to Shizune's pleasure. By the time she was finished with her gambling for the afternoon, she had over 10,000 ryo and 350,000 yen. She didn't say a word after she left the Poker Hall and headed toward the entrance of the gambling plaza. Yesterday, she hadn't won a single thing there. And now, all of a sudden she's a Lucky Jack. Red flags were going up in her head and her mind buzzed with warning. Something was about to happen and she wasn't sure if she was up for it. She needed to leave. For her, winning was a bad omen.

"Wait for me, Lady Tsunade!" Shizune called out as she struggled a little to carry the bag in her hand.

"What's the matter?" she asked as she caught up with her. "Your winning this much is like a miracle, but you don't look pleased at all."

Tsunade halted her footsteps at this question. She glanced back at Shizune who was looking at her with confusion.

"This city." Tsunade finally spoke.

"Huh?" Shizune said even more confused.

"I get bad premonition." she said, looking at Shizune directly in the eye. "We're going to hurry up and leave."