The Suna Arc I: The Suna Advisory Council

Baki sighed as he walked down the halls of the Kazekage Tower. It has been two days since the Yondaime's funeral and the Council had scheduled a meeting for today. He honestly dreaded it and could already feel a headache coming on. As he neared the Council Chambers, he could hear small murmur's and whispers, indicating that someone members were there already. He causally walked through the door and briefly glanced at his fellow occupants before taking his own seat.

The Suna Council was established by the Nidaime Kazekage to help the kage govern his village and to make sure all decisions were made with the best interest of the village and its inhabitants in mind. The council consisted of 12 members, commonly known or referred to as "Seniors". Most were veteran shinobi who had served in the Shinobi Corps for years and were former captains, commanders, and squad leaders. They all sat at a round table with official garbs which consisted of a beige robe with black trousers, sandals, and a turban-style headgear.

The room itself was dimly lit with a bright lighting at the center of the table do to the window that was near the ceiling. Four great statues graced the front wall of the room, each one built after all the Kazekage who had served. The floors were made of marble and sandstone, and a purple circle outlined the meeting table.

Baki sat in his chair comfortably as he watched the rest of the councilmen walk into the room. He inwardly narrowed his eyes as he saw Tōjūrō and three others behind him walk in. He never trusted the senior and always knew the man was only there to be a nuisance. He was going to keep an eye on him, knowing how manipulative he could be. He also noticed Yura stealing a couple of glances from the senior that made him raise an eyebrow. He wondered what that was all about.

The last one to enter was the Honorable Grandfather himself, Ebizō. He was an elderly man, characterized by his heavy-lidded eyes that made it look like he had no eyes at all. He had very long eyebrows that framed each side of his face and there was a liver spot under his right eye. Along with a turban wrapped around his head, he wore the traditional Sunagakure outfit that consisted of a dark-colored, loose-fitting outfit with a poncho-like top. He and his older sister, Chiyo, were highly revered in the village and were nicknamed the 'Gokyōdai' (the Honored Siblings). After the old man took his seat, the council chambers were shut and Baki stood to address the council.

 After the old man took his seat, the council chambers were shut and Baki stood to address the council

"Honorable Council." Baki greeted, receiving a nod from everyone. "We will now begin our session." he announced before taking his seat.

"Before we begin, I would like send my condolences to Ebizō-ojijisama for the lost of his nephew and our beloved Yondaime. I give my regards to Chiyo-obaasama as well." Tōjūrō said.

Ebizō gave the younger man a light nod. "Your sympathies are well received my boy." he replied. "However, my nephew knew what came with the job and accepted it. He would've given anything for this village, but it disappoints me to know it was all in vain." he said with a frown.