Chapter 11 - The First Test

Kitsune hid within the shadows as he watched his clone start the written test of the exam. He was sitting in between Hinata and a genin from Takigakure. At the moment, he was just sitting there looking around with his pencil up. After the first 5 minutes, teams began to get eliminated for being caught cheating. The commander inwardly chuckled at this. Morino sure knew how to put the fear of God in people. However, actually seeing the jounin in action at the Interrogation department could be downright terrifying. It was no wonder Anko was able to make a name for herself. He was pulled out of his musings when he heard the jounin begin to speak.

"So how do you think they'll do?" Kurenai asked her fellow comrades.

"I think they'll do fine." Kakashi said with his noise buried in little orange book.

"I'm sure our youthful student will excel and the flames of their youth will outshine their competitors!" Gai exclaimed.

"Hm. I'm with Kakashi on this one." Asuma said as he took a drag of his cigarette. "Don't worry too much about it, Kurenai. Have a little faith in them."

"I do." Kurenai said with a sigh. "It's just...."

Gai put a hand on her shoulder as he looked down at her with uncharacteristic seriousness. "We know, Kurenai. But we have to trust them to do well. You heard what he said this morning. We can't coddle them." he said firmly, giving her shoulder a light squeeze.

Asuma and Kakashi nodded their heads in agreement. Letting go was hard for most jounin instructors, but it has to happen eventually. They all stopped when they heard a deep chuckle. Turning in the direction of the voice, they saw that it was male with low-cut black hair walking toward them. He was wearing a jumpsuit under shinobi pants and a faded purple flak jacket. A rebreather was attached to his side. He wore sandal boots and had an Amegakure hitai-ate around his head. He stopped a couple feet in front of them, cautiously keeping his distance.

"I see Konoha still mother their shinobi." he said with a smirk before turning to Kurenai. After appreciating her looks, he spoke to her. "Don't worry princess. You'll have them back soon."

"And what is that supposed to mean?" Asuma said, not liking the way he was speaking to his.....close friend.

"Ame trains their shinobi to their fullest potential. There is no boundaries when it comes to survival." he snapped at the Sarutobi. "Your genin will not last a moment in the ringer with one of mine."

"Is that so." Kakashi said, looking up from his book.

"Yes." the man replied. "I've heard they were fresh out of the academy. From what I've seen, they haven't even begun to see what real shinobi world is like." he said before he grinned. "But don't worry. We will be sure to give them a very warm welcome."

"Is that a threat?" Kurenai said defensively.

"Calm down, little lady." he said condescendingly. "It's just a simple precaution on your part."

"That's enough, Shimizu." another man said from the other side of the room.

" another man said from the other side of the room