Chapter 35 - Beginning the Search for Tsunade

BEEP BEEP.

BEEP BEEP.

BEEP BEEP.

BEEP BEEP.

BEEP BEEP.

WHAM!

Naruto groaned as he groggily opened his eyes. He slowly removed his fist from the now destroyed alarm clock. With a tired yawn, he slowly sat up and got out of his bed, stumbling a little as he made his way to the bathroom. He winced as he flicked the lights on and allowed his eyes to adjust. Looking into mirror, he grimaced at the heavy bags under his eyes.

With a sigh, he began to remove his clothes and prepared for a shower. After he thought himself clean enough, he cut the water off and wrapped a towel around his waist before stepping out. Once he was dry, he went to his room and put on his usual orange attire. He grabbed his green backpack from his closet and began to pack for his mission with Jiraiya. He had an inkling of what it was about, however, he would keep it to himself and wait for Jiraiya to reveal it to him.

Once he was packed, he made his way to the kitchen for breakfast. He looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was 7:00. He knew he wouldn't have time to cook a complete breakfast so he grabbed two packs of instant ramen and prepared them for the microwave.

Naruto allowed his mind to wander as he waited for his ramen to cook. He had been thinking about the curse seal he had removed a few hours ago. He needed to find a way to remove it without the use of kyubi's chakra. He wanted to make it where someone without yokai and natural chakra could break the curse seal and remove it.

He recalled the notes Mito made in her juinjutsu discourse that certain types of fuinjutsu required massive chakra reserves. She also stated that depending on the type of curse seal, the practitioner would not only have to have an immense amount of chakra control, but correctly identify and counter the functions of the seal. She warned that specialists could risk severe health problems if they weren't careful.

The blond groaned at the thought. It was no wonder that juinjutsu was considered a forbidden art of fūinjutsu. If you're not careful, you could kill yourself in using it and in deconstructing it. However, those facts does beg the question: how in the hell did Orochimaru get his hands on something like that?

He had read Orochimaru's file. The man was considered a prodigy with a strong talent for ninja arts, especially ninjutsu. Thinking about his track record, Naruto guessed that it shouldn't have came a surprise that the man would look into fūinjutsu. It was a tricky art and had the ability to make things impossible, possible. He remembered looking through the Uzumaki clan library during his time in Uzu. The things he saw in there were simply amazing and it definitely helped him understand why the clan was so feared.

Naruto was pulled out of his musings at the beep of the microwave. Moving from the table, he went to remove his cup of ramen from the microwave before replacing it with another cup. By the time his second cup finished cooking, he was done with his first cup and dug into his second serving. After eating, he grabbed his backpack and placed it on his back before heading out the door. Making sure his place was secure and locked up, Naruto headed down the steps of his apartment building and headed toward his destination.

Jiraiya was a tall man, standing at 6'0" even. He was powerfully built, weighing 192 lbs. and still looked good for his age. He had slightly tanned skin with dark eyes and red lines that extended from his eyes to chin and there was a noticeable wart on the left side of his nose. His hair was long, spiky, and white and styled in a ponytail that down his back with two shoulder length bangs framing his face.