Anko

(Warning: Reader discretion advised. Rated M for mature themes.)

(Five years after the Kyubi attack......)

Anko sighed as she sat up from the bed. Her hair was messy and her skin glistened with perspiration from her latest hook-up. She stood out of the bed allowing the sheets to fall from her, revealing her naked body. She looked around the room, finding all her clothes scattered across the floor along her shoes.

Grabbing her bra and panties, she put them on before grabbing her fishnet body suit. After slipping on her shirt, she put on her shoes and grabbed her coat. She glanced over at the body that was lying in bed. He was some guy that she had met at the bar. They both wanted company so they hooked up.

"Anko?" the man muttered as his face was buried into the sheets.

Anko glanced at the man who seemed to be half awake. "Goodbye." she said before shutting the door as she walked out the room.

Anko ignored the sounds of bed springs and moans as she walked down the halls of the love hotel. When she got to the end of the hallway, she walked down the stairs to the lobby. The woman at the front desk said something to her, but Anko ignored it and exited the building. She looked up at the sky and saw how dark it was. It had to have been around 1 or 2:00 in the morning. Anko sighed once more as she began to make her way down the street.

She ignored some of the catcalls that came her way as she walked down the street. Those men where no more than common thugs and gangsters. She tended not to associate herself with those types of men. The last time she slept with one, things didn't turnout well and she ended up in between a feud she wanted no part of. Thank Kami she got out of that situation. What many didn't know was that in this part of Konoha, village rules didn't apply. The people here didn't give a rat's ass about what the Hokage had to say and ran by their own rules. The slums were a completely different world and here, it was every man for themself. She had to learn that the hard way.

Anko shoved her hands into her pockets as she passed by a couple of prostitutes and some of their clients. Many would wonder why a ninja would hang around these parts at this time of night. Most would be in the comforts of their own homes or hanging out in the local bars in the village. So, why would tobektsu jonin, Mitarashi Anko, be hanging around this part of Konoha.

Truth was, Anko wasn't liked much by the village. Every since her mentor was discovered experimenting on humans by the Third Hokage and defected the village, everyone had been weary of her. Especially when they found out that she had his curse mark. Although they wouldn't show it, she was well aware that even the council and the Hokage himself were cautious in their dealings with her. It was one of the reasons why she was placed in the Interrogation and Torture Department with Ibiki and the Yamanka clan head. They wanted to keep an eye on her and make sure she was 'stable'.

She felt herself become slightly irritated at that thought. That was one thing she disliked about the village's leadership. They were always sugarcoating shit. Anko had lived at hard life. She didn't have family and she was an orphan. Growing up, she didn't have many friends and she didn't have the closest relationship with the mistress of the orphanage. When Orochimaru came into her life, he had been the light of her life. He took her in and gave her all she needed and taught her everything she needed to know. Without him, she would have probably turned out like women on the street, selling their bodies for a few ryo. He was like a father-figure to her.

Anko felt her fists clench at that thought. She hated him. He had betrayed her. He had cursed her. Everything he was to her, he destroyed. He didn't once think about her when he was experimenting on those children. He didn't once think about her when he put that damn seal on her neck. He was selfish. He ruined her life. And she lived to see him die in hell.