Chapter 24 - The Finals: Part 4

(A/N: Because I love you guys so much, I decided that I would post another chapter before I begin working on completing the ANBU Kitsune Arc. Enjoy!)

"Thank you for your time and patience during this delay." Genma said as everyone looked at the arena floor expectantly. "Due to unexpected circumstances, the second match that was supposed to be between Uchiha Sasuke and Gaara no Sabaku has been postponed until further notice."

The crowd lamented and fussed about this, but was silence by the raising of Genma's hand. "Due to this change, the matches will continued as followed." he said before turning toward the waiting area. "Kankuro no Sabaku and Aburame Shino, please report to the floor."

"I forfeit!" Kankuro said, earning groans of disappointment from the crowd. The bugs within Shino's body buzzed in annoyance as he returned to his seat. He was honestly looking forward to fighting as well.

Genma sighed as the crowd boo'd at the boy's announcement. "Winner by forfeit: Aburame Shino" he said loudly.

Due to the Aburame being a noble clan, there where a good amount of people that clapped for the boy. Shibi just adjusted his glasses as he stared at the Suna shinobi. Something wasn't right. Reading his body language, the body seemed nervous about something. Like he was anxious. He saw the looks he stole from his teammates and sensei. With narrowed eyes, his gaze shifted over to the jonin who was standing in the jonin section of the stadium. Although he tried to hide it, his body seemed tense and he occasionally glanced at the Kage booth. 'It would seem Kitsune-sama was right to suspect them.' he thought before his eyes traveled over to his son. He furrowed his eyebrows. 'I hope you forgive me, my son.'

Once the crowd calmed down, Genma spoke again. "Will Temari no Sabaku and Nara Shikamaru please report to the grounds for the third match." he called out.

"How troublesome." Shikamaru said while Temari only grinned. She hopped over the balcony and opened her fan, riding on it as it glided through the air gracefully onto the arena floor.

'Her manipulation over the winds is impressive.' Naruto thought as he made his way over to Shikamaru who looked like we was going to forfeit himself. Naruto shook his head as he silently made his way over the lazy. Before Shikamaru knew what was happening, he was pushed over the railings, causing him to fall from the waiting area. The Nara quickly caught himself as he began to tumble down the wall and landed onto the ground with a thud. Too lazy to get up off of his back, he looked up toward the stands to see a grinning Naruto.

Shikamaru glared at him with those lazy eyes of his. 'Naruto, you jerk....' he said as he laid there. Team 10 sweat-dropped as the guy just laid on the ground. They didn't know what he was staring due to the distance between them. As Shikamaru just laid there, the crowd began to complain and boo, throwing trash at the genin who was delaying their time. Shikamaru mentally rolled his eyes as he glanced at the clouds. 'Why are they acting like they care about this match?' he question himself with a frown. 'Kami knows we're just a warm-up for the main event.....what a drag' he said as his eyes landed back on Naruto. The blond was looking at him rather annoyed. He sighed as he looked back at that the crowd who was still glaring and insulting him. 'Why should I even waste my time and get knocked up for them? They only came here to see their precious Sasuke so I fail to understand their passion. Maybe I shouldn't give them match at all. It's not like it would really matter.....'

Temari smirked as she looked at the guy on the ground. Where he should be. She slammed her metal fan on the ground, catching the pineapple head's attention. "What is it? You plan on giving up, too?" she taunted.