Chapter 2 - Morning Meetings

(**Edited: 8-10-2021**)

Kakashi frowned a little at the blonde's addressal. Snapping his book closed, Kakashi looked down at his genin. 

He was dressed in blue overalls, black boots and a orange shirt. His blonde hair was messy and he had a few blotches of dirt on his cheeks, pants, and bandaged arms. He wondered what the boy was doing this early in the morning. 

He tired to slyly peak through the crack of the door, but was interrupted when the boy spoke again.

"What do you need, sensei." Naruto asked blandly as he brought the door closer, fully aware of his 'sensei's' snooping tendencies.

Kakashi looked down at genin who was giving him a blank expression. The jonin smiled sheepishly as he put the orange book in his pocket. He really didn't know how to talk to his sensei's son now. He mentally sighed. It was so much easier when they didn't know the future.

"Uh....good morning, Naruto-kun." Kakashi said before regretting it.

They both winced at the intimate greeting.

Naruto quickly schooled his features and gave him a blank stare in return.

At his lack of response, the jonin sweat-dropped. It was clear that boy wasn't a morning person. Though, they both knew that it was more so of the fact that he didn't want to see him. He couldn't help but feel guilty in heart.

'Straight to the point, then......' he said to himself as he began to speak again.

"Well, I came to let you know that we will be having group training today at noon with the rest of the genin teams." Kakashi cleared his throat.

Naruto furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Why?" he asked.

"Well, after much discussion, the jonin senseis thought that it would be a good idea to have everyone train together in a group session. It will allows us to gage where our teams are and provide extra eyes for critiques and suggestions." Kakashi explained. "It's more of an experiment at the moment."

Naruto nodded his head. It made sense. 

"Okay." Naruto said. 

Another awkward silence passed between the two before Naruto spoke again. 

"Is that all?" he asked, ready to shut the door.

"Uh...." Kakashi was about to speak before there was a crash coming from behind the door.

Naruto sighed and rubbed his temples. 

Apparently, one of the clones didn't screw a bolt in right when constructing the metal hanging beams within the green house, causing half of the pots to crash onto the ground. A light tick mark formed on Naruto's forehead as the clone dispelled and passed it's memories. Luckily, he had brought extra pots from the store the first time.

Kakashi raised an eyebrow at this. "What is-" he started but was interrupted by Naruto.

"See you later, Hatake." Naruto said before shutting the door in his face, ignoring the dumbfounded jonin.

Kakashi sighed with a heavy heart. 

How was he supposed to fix things when the blonde wouldn't even talk to him? 

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and began to walk down the stairs. His expression was one of deep thought. When he got to the bottom of the stairs, he was greeted by his green wearing rival.