Chapter 30 - Shukaku of the Sands

(In Gaara's mindscape.....)

Naruto groaned as his mind began to receive some of Gaara's memories. Kurama hadn't said anything about that when he taught him the jutsu. The constant memories and emotions being forced into his own mind felt like a hot, searing knife cutting his brain. He fell to his knees as he grabbed his head and groaned in pain. He didn't even know when tears had began to fall from his eyes. It was probably the mixture of Gaara's emotional turmoil and his own pain that forced the salt water out of his tear ducts. When it finally stopped, Naruto panted as he gripped at nothing. He was trying to calm his racing heart and throbbing head. It took the blond a couple of minutes to recover before he finally opened his eyes.

With glazed eyes, Naruto looked around at the jinchuriki's mindscape. Gaara's mind was dark. Naruto could barely see anything as he had to use his fire to get some form of light. He slowly stood up and began walking into what seemed like and endless abyss of darkness until he felt sand at his feet. Looking ahead, he was a dim glow that reminded him a lot when he first entered the sewer he called a mindscape. He continued to walk toward the dimly lit room before the sand began to move violently around him.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" a voice roared.

Naruto turned in the direction of the voice, bringing his arms of to shield the wild swirling sand. He walked toward the direction he heard the voice from. When he finally arrived, he had to dodge the incoming claw that tried to crush him. He finally looked up and was met with the sight of an enraged Shukaku who was unleashing a great amount of his killing intent. Naruto narrowed his at the bijuu as he jumped in the air to evade the swing of the tanuki's tail. Golden red chains burst from Naruto's back as he landed not far from the bijuu. Shukaku was surprised when the golden chains began to wrap around him, restraining him by his limbs and suppressing his chakra. He roared in frustration and fury as he black and gold eye landed on the orange rat.

"RELEASE ME!" his voice boomed through the mindscape.

Naruto just stared at the bijuu. He didn't say anything as his eyes traveled to the collar that was around his neck. The collar was connected to a metal chain that seemed to disappear into the darkness behind him. Naruto narrowed his eyes at the seal on the collar. It was incomplete and poorly done. 'Who in the hell did this shit?' the thought as he rolled his sleeve and bit his thumb, drawing blood. He smeared his blood over a seal on his arm before the seal began to glow. A large scroll appeared beside him. He unrolled the scroll, revealing a blank space and summoned ink and a brush.

"LET ME GO, MORTAL, SO I CAN CRUSH YOU LIKE THE INSECT YOU ARE!" Shukaku barked.

The bijuu suddenly found himself pinned to the floor, feeling his restraints tightening. He growled as he glared at Naruto. Naruto took menacing steps toward the bijuu. When he was finally face to face with the Ichibi, he grabbed his collar, staring at the seal before looking at the bijuu fearlessly. Shukaku inwardly gasped as he watched the boy's eyes change into the eyes that had lead to Kurama's capture and sealing. 'He has eyes like that boy?!' he inwardly yelled as he looked into those eternal mangekyou sharingan. He shifted uncomfortably under those eyes that stared at him.

"Now, now, Shukaku. Given your current situation, it would be smart of you to play nice." Naruto said. "If you don't want to be stuck in a cookie jar for the rest of your life, I suggest you shut up and listen to what I have to say."

Shukaku was speechless. This kids had some serious balls to talk to one of the great bijuu like that. He could only stare at the boy as he continued to inspect the seal. He was so lost in his own thoughts that he barely caught the boy's question.

"How does the seal make you feel?" Naruto asked as he traced over the seal that was on his collar.

Shukaku stared at the child before he finally snapped out of it. He glared at him. "And why should I tell you?" he said stubbornly.